Thursday, June 27, 2013

What is a general list of essentials I would need when my baby is born?

list of best infant toys
 on when selecting visually attractive off learning toys baby toys books
list of best infant toys image
Q. I still don't know the sex of my baby, but I was wondering if I could get a list of essentials I'm going to need... such as bottles... washcloths... etc.

Just a little help please?


Answer
CAR SEAT- Graco snug ride 32 is great and will fit your baby from 5 to 32lbs.
STROLLER- Graco is good. Buy the travel system which includes the car seat, stroller, and base for car.
INFANT SWING- great for soothing and helping baby get to sleep. I have the Graco brand
BOPPY PILLOW- to use to prop baby when feeding and you can use it later to help baby sit up.
BUMBO SEAT AND TRAY- to help baby sit up and we also use ours as a highchair when she started eating solids.
CRIB AND MATTRESS- convertible cribs are great because you can convert it to a toddler bed and then a full size bed as baby grows.
BOUNCER CHAIR- soothes baby and serves as a safe place for baby while you shower, clean house, do laundry, cook, etc.
PACK AND PLAY- use it for a bassinet by your bed until baby goes to a crib in his or her own room. When baby outgrows the bassinet part you can use the playpen part of it. Graco brand is the best.
DIAPERS- Pampers Swaddlers are great for newborns and they are really soft.
BABY WIPES- Pampers sensitive care are good
DIAPER RASH CREAM- Desitin works great
VASELINE- great for preventing diaper rash
BATH SUPPLIES- 4 or 5 hooded towels, 8 to 10 wash cloths, baby wash (Johnson's is best), baby lotion (ageain I like Johnson's brand), baby bathtub or bath sling
BABY FIRST AID KIT- includes baby nail clippers, thermometer, bulb syringe, medicine dropper
INFANT TYLENOL
GAS DROPS- Mylicon works great
BOTTLES- Avent and Playtex Ventaire are great for preventing gas and spit up
PACIFIERS- Avent brand
CLOTHING- 5 or 6 onesies, 5 or 6 footed sleeper pajamas, 5 or 6 pairs of socks, and a few cute outfits for when baby comes home from the hospital and when family and friends come to visit. Carter's brand clothing is great and very good quality
DIAPER BAG- Kalencom brand is great. Very roomy with lots of pockets and also comes with a changing pad, insulated bottle carrier, and a zip up bag for wet or soiled clothes.
CRIB BEDDING SET- includes comforter, dust ruffle, 1 crib sheet, and crib bumpers
EXTRA CRIB SHEETS- get 3 or 4. Newborns leak out of their diapers and soil sheets a lot!
WATERPROOF CRIB PADS- get 2 or 3. Protect crib mattress if baby's diapers leak
STORAGE BASKETS- for organizing diaper supplies, bath supplies, feeding supplies, toys, etc.
CAMERA- you will want to take tons of pictures as baby grows!

Some things that are a waste of money:
CHANGING TABLE- we just use a changing on the bed or floor. So much easier and convenient.
DIAPER GENIE- just throw dirty diapers in the regular trash. Odor is not a problem if you just take the trash out often.
BOTTLE WARMER- nice for baby but what happens if you are not at home and baby gets hungry? If baby is only used to perfectly warmed bottles then he or she will not drink unwarmed bottles. Room temperature is fine.
BABY WIPE WARMER- same concept as bottle warmer above

Congrats on the baby!

Where are the cheapest places to by baby supplies?




Pokemon Tr


My friend is having a baby shower for her son who is due sometime in 3-4 months. Im not sure. Im on a budget but want to make her a nice basket. I plan on diapers and some onesies and some other small things. I know she is looking for jake footie pajamas and has dc shoes on her wish list. I dont know if I can get her all that but I do want to know the cheapest places to find baby items. We have a walmart and a dollar store ao it may need to be online. If anyone else has any ideas for a basket let me know. I am not sure yet whether she will be using breast or bottle. Should I get some bibs or a blanket?


Answer
Um, does DC Shoes even make sizes for infants? I wouldn't get her name brand stuff as the baby will outgrow it quickly. I don't know about the Jake footie pajamas either.

Amazon and Wal-mart has some cheap shipping options too.

I would consider getting her the onesies packs that Wal-mart sells. I would throw in some teethers (a set of 3 is cheap). A glowhorse or a glow-worm in the toy section of Wal-mart is a good buy because every baby I've seen loves them. I would consider a package of regular cloth diapers for burping. Bibs I'd hold off on. Receiving blankets maybe but those big plush ones aren't actually recommended till the child is out of the SIDS range. I would consider a sleeper gown. Baby shampoo and wash clothes are good for baskets.

Any clothes you get, I'd recommend buying in the 3-6 or 6-9 months range. A lot of people will buy clothes in the 0-3 range or newborn so that way the baby has stuff to grow into.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment