Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby shower: How to choose what to register for?

best baby toys reviews
 on Baby Product Reviews | Sudocrem Blog - Part 28
best baby toys reviews image



Kelsey B


I am soon to be mom and I need to start registering for my baby shower... I just don't know where to start! How do I choose a diaper brand when I have never had a child before and I don't know which brand is best for newborns? Any suggestions and tips of what works and doesn't would be greatly appreciated as well as things you would recommend a new mom to register for!


Answer
Read lots of reviews... they are so helpful! Also, many stores now have way more available online than they do in the store, so just make sure several things on your registry are available IN the store... because most of your babyshower guests are going to go and buy things in person.

Don't register for clothes. They go in and out of stock so quickly that they probably won't even be available by the time your shower arrives. Plus, you'll get SO many clothes anyways that you're better off to just buy the other clothing items that you really like.

Some really great registry items:

Larger items:
- A playmat
- A swing
- A carseat (and base... if needed)
- A Pack n Play
- Bedding (with at least one extra crib sheet)
- A changing pad & cover
- A stroller
- A Boppy
- An exersaucer or doorway jumper
- Swaddle/Halo sacks
- Storage baskets/Hamper/liners
- A mobile
- A diaper genie

Smaller items:
- diapers (Pampers are my fave)
- diaper genie refill packs
- pacifiers
- bathing goods (shampoos/lotions)
- washcloths
- a hooded towel or two
- small toys/stuffed animals/teethers

I personally chose not to register for furniture (I thought it looked a little greedy) or my breast pump (because nobody EVER buys breast pumps as baby gifts anyways). So we bought a few of the bigger items ourselves!

Would a 3 month old still be interested in a baby gym toy?




first time


I read reviews from parents of 4 weeks old to 3 month old babies. Until what age are babies still interested in a baby gym? The can be quite pricey and wouldn't want to have it for a few weeks only... Thank you.


Answer
My children are about 20 weeks old and they still love it. They always sat in it and looked, but they really couldn't play with the toys until they were about 15 weeks. It has been incredibly worth it. My friend has a 8 month old who still plays with thier gym - only now he can crawl around it on his own.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment