Saturday, June 7, 2014

Traveling with an infant?




brittany


In a few weeks I'll be traveling to the west coast. Not only is this my first plane ride but I will have my toddler wit me as well. Does anyone have any tips or advice they can give me.


Answer
Brittany,

Since you will be traveling with a young child on a longer plane ride it is very important that you be prepared for the unexpected.

Be sure to pack enough extra clothes, diapers, food and drink items for your child.

Keeping your child occupied while at the airport and then on the plane will be your biggest challenge.

I am not sure what time of day you will be traveling but it might be a good idea to travel around your child's nap time. However, it may not matter because all the new sites and people around will keep your child very occupied so it may be hard to get your child to nap.

If you child is walking, I would recommend that while you are waiting at the airport try to walk your child around a little bit and point out some interesting sites. You will want to try to keep them occupied while at the same time tire them out. This way once things settle down on the airport you child may be so pooped out that they will fall asleep.

I would recommend bringing toys that can entertain your child but at the same time not disturb the other passengers as much.

Also you may want to plan ahead and see if you can reserve a seat toward the back of the plane. This way you will be near the bathroom in case it is needed and also will have a little more room if you need to get up and rock your child.

A window seat may also work to help occupy your child if you are traveling during the day as during take off and landing they will have something to look at through the window.

I am not sure if you child watches any TV yet, I know it is hard at that age as kids do not have a long attention span. But you could also try bringing along a DVD player to watch some movies. Or if you have a smartphone, there are plenty of You Tube videos on there with short cartoon clips to keep your child somewhat occupied.

How these tips help and good luck!

Nadine

Is it necessary (or worth it) to by an infant walker?




Maryam


My nine month old has taken her first steps (she can walk for about 3 steps on her own).
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get her the Activity Walker.
Is it a good investment?
Will it help her learn to walk?

I'm just worried that it'll be an extra item to clutter the house.
I don't mean the ones that a baby sits in. I got one of those as a gift and I hate it. I mean the push along ones.



Answer
Get a push and ride toy.

My guys LOVED walking around with theirs. And once they hit 18 months or so, they can ride them for another year until they are ready for a tricycle!

Push and ride toys are worth it. And it is 2 toys in 1. Both pretty important and well loved toys.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment