Sunday, June 1, 2014

baby registry check list.?




FoxxyMomma


Does anyone have a really good baby registry check list? I'm having my shower in November but I'm throwing everything on the check list even if I'm going to buy it so I can just go into the store with my printed checklist and find exactly what I wanted online. [plus I use online because you can check out what has good reviews and what has bad reviews so I'll know if I'm buying something good]

I can't find a good checklist for a first time baby most have weird pages you have to navigate through, so if anyone has a good checklist for a first timer that's easy to navigate you'd be my hero if you'd help me :)



Answer
Bottles- tons of them. Even if you are breastfeeding stock up because you never know what might happen. I started out breastfeeding and had problems and had to buy tons of bottles.
High chair
Breast pads, cream
Receiving blankets- lots of them (they make great burp cloths)
Burp cloths
Wash cloths
Towels- maybe a set with two
Baby bath tub
Baby wash- Johnsons head to toe wash
Diapers
Wipes
AD Ointment or some diaper rash cream
Diaper bag
Waterproof pads (put several, you might go through a few a day)
Nightgowns
Onesies/bodysuits at least one multi pack for each size
Socks
Mittens
Grooming kit
Formula just in case something goes wrong with breastfeeding
Stroller
Car seat or get the stroller car seat combo
Extra car seat base- if you have 2 cars it comes in handy
Crib and mattress
Sheets
Swaddler blankets
Thermometer
Mylicon gas drops
Infant pain/fever reducer
Monitor
Swing
Bouncer chair
Variety of toys
Playpin

Do not register for any cute clothes. That is mainly what people buy. I am set until my child is 18 months old because all people wanted to buy were clothes.

Put everything on your registry and do not delete it after your shower if you don't get it. Put extras because you won't really know what you need until after the baby comes. I have been back to the store so many times it is sad. Also don't rush out and buy everything right after your shower. I did because I didn't know that Target and BabiesRUs send out a coupon for a percentage off everything left on your registry.

My girlfriend wants a baby at 16 with me?

Q. My 17 and my girlfriend is 16. Anytime we go out she's always looking at the babies and talking about how cute they are and how much she'd like to have a baby of her own. When she asked me what I thought I said yeah,cool. She just came straight out a few minutes ago and told me she wanted to have a baby now for sure and she wants one with me. I love her so I didn't call her crazy which is what I was thinking. I just told her to let me think about it but there's no real thinking about it. There's no possible way I can support her & a baby while working full time and being a junior in high school. I don't want to hurt her feelings but I seriously don't want a baby at 17. I want to be able to go out and party and have fun,not be stuck at home with a kid. How can I tell her no but gently but where she knows I'm serious about it?
*sorry I meant working part time and being a full time student


Answer
You both bette have really good jobs.

Pregnancy Costs
Don't forget about the delivery! It easily costs between $5,000 and $8,000 for a normal vaginal delivery, up to $12,000 for a Cesarean delivery and much more if there are complications. Even if you are covered by insurance, it may not cover all of the cost.

More on infant budgeting
If you plan to use disposable diapers, plan on spending between $1,600 and $2,300 by the time your baby is potty-trained. Expect your baby to go through at least 7 or 8 diapers a day on average, costing between $80 and $130 a month (especially in the first few months, when changes are more frequent.) Cloth diapering can be just as expensive as disposables if you use a diaper service, but if you launder them yourself, you can save money. It is estimated that cloth diapering only costs around $800 to $1,100 by the time your baby is potty-trained (without the diaper service).

For formula (up until your baby is one year old), expect to spend between $1,000 and $2,300 - depending on whether you use powder or ready-to-pour liquids. Plan on spending at least $40 a week on infant formula. You can really cut your costs dramatically by breastfeeding for a year or more.

Baby Gear Product Pricing Review
Crib with mattress- $160-$750
Crib bedding set- $35-$270
Crib blankets (4-6)- $8-$40 each
Fitted crib sheets (2)- $8-$20 each
Water-proof mattress cover- $10-$20
Bassinet or cradle- $35-$260
Changing table- $70-$600
Changing pad and cover- $25-$50
Dresser- $90-$650
Rocker or glider- $90-$500
Car seat- $35-$280
Stroller or travel system- $30-$300
Playpen or porta-crib- $60-$180
Swing- $45-$130
Play center or walker- $50-$125
Mobile- $25-$70
Baby carrier or sling- $20-$140
Monitor- $20-$230
Baby gate- $35-$250
Bouncer seat- $30-$90
Toy box- $25-$90
Gym or play mat- $25-$90
Doorway jumper- $25-$60
High chair- $45-$240
Diaper bag- $10-$60
Diaper pail- $20-$45 Refills- $15-$20 (3 pack)
Thermometer- $10-$90
First aid supplies (kit)- $20-$30
Humidifier or vaporizer- $15-$130
Bottles (8 oz and 4 oz)- $10-$20 (3 pack) or $20-$40 (starter set)
Bottle warmer- $18-$35
Sterilizer- $30-$70
Breast pump and accessories- $45-$350
Breastfeeding pillow- $20-$35
Bath tub or seat- $15-$35
Hooded towels (4)- $6-$30 each
Wipes (a lot)- $4-$5 (pack)
Clothes for first year- $500-$1,200

I think you two should wait!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment