Tuesday, April 29, 2014

good toys for a 7 month old?




Amber H


my little girl just turned 7 months old and seems to need something to keep her entertained. she gets bored so fast any suggestions? she is way rotten and always wants to be held!
She doesn't like her jumper, her little feet barely reach. And they do not reach when she is in her walker at all!



Answer
Great age! Jolly Jumper, a walker (if it's safe where you are), any toy with lights an music, like an infant radio with big buttons and bright lights. A toy drum to whack at, little Nerf balls to throw. Crinkly toys and very tactile toys are terrific too!

Seven months is a great age for throwing, banging, crinkling, jumping and practicing walking (if you're 'pro walker toys' that is).

I'd go shopping with ya, but I'm probably about 9 zillion miles away - I hope this helps hon!

*Edit - oh yes, the Leapfrog table (with removable legs), great fun on the floor, for practicing pulling up, and also goes along well with the Jolly Jumper too!

What infant toy(s) do you think actually benefits your child developmentally?

Q. My guys are 4 months, and so far I think the activity gym (the mat with toys hanging overhead) is the only thing that really develops them in a way that not having it would not.

The swing, jumper, infant chairs etc. are soothing / fun, but not developmental, but the activity mat allows them to do something they couldn't yet otherwise, which is to grab and bat at toys.


Answer
I feel the same way. I have a jumper and a swing and they simply keep my son distracted (for a short period of time) when I need to be doing something. The activity mat actually engages his mind and helps him to play. It is by far his favorite place to be when I'm not holding him. I have recently tried him in a Jumperoo and he loved that thing so much he got kinda mad at me when I took him out of it because I could tell he was getting exhausted. It has lights and makes noises when he jumps and he loves light and noises. (And belly dancers for some reason, but I won't get in to that here.) (:




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment