Sunday, February 9, 2014

8 month old son and toys?




linda d


what toys are good for xmas and are worthwhile for a long time for a 8 month old boy who will be 10 months on xmas??? I am going to get him the fisher price activity walker but what else that is worth the $??
I have the gooble and go hippo and the drop and roll a rounds dinosaur
toys that assist motor skills would be great



Answer
With 3 sons I have learned more about boy toys than I ever wanted to know. Here are a few things to consider before spend a ton of money:
Are you into educational toys for him??
Are you want toys that he can entertain himself alone or are you willing to use them with him?
How far a head of his age are you wanting to expose him to toys?
How is he developmentally?? If he is behind you may want to consider toys to assist his motor skills.

Once you decide on those questions it will be easier to give you assistance one wht are good toys. My boys are 8-10 hours away from their grandparents on both sides, so birthdays and holidays they usually get extra. My playarea for them is a barn that is attached to our home and it is 1000sq ft filled with toys. I have an opinion on all of the toys they have or have been exposed to. I know I didn't really answer your question, but I just thought the advice on what types of direction you might be headed with toys would be more helpful than just a list of toys.

Edit:
For Gross Motor skills (the large muscles): I suggest
- Learn & Groove musical Table by: LeapFrog ~ this is a standing activity table that will entice your son to pull himself up to a standing postion.
- Baby Gymnastics Bounce & Spin Zebra by: Fisher-Price ~ I purchased this for my nephew who is 11 months old. He loves it. It is a great work out for his little legs.
- 5-in-1 Adjustable Gym by: Little Tikes ~ this grows with your child physical developments and stimulates eye/hand coordination.
Now for Fine Motor skills (small muscles like finger manipulation): I suggest
- V.Smile Baby: Infant Development System by: Vtech ~ yes this is just like a video game, but it requires your child's brain development to coinside with finger manipulation.
- Laugh & Learn: Learning Puppy by: Fisher-Price ~ this wonderful puppy helps your child to learn ABC's, 123's, parts of the body, colors, play games, plus sing along to 10 favorite songs. Dog bone collar lights up to the music!
- Baby's First Toys by: Sassy ~ this one is by far the best for fine motor skills. There are a lot of pieces for your child to link together and even chew on.

Things to do with my 3 month old?




Maribel


I am a first time mom and I have no clue on what to do with my 3 month old. Please help!!
any toys that I can buy....
gasmes I can play with him...
any thing educational....
Please I just feel useless and clueless. Thank you!



Answer
I'm a first time mommy with a 3 month old too!! I find that my baby gets bored easily. He's not into rattles, or basic toys as he can't really play with them yet. He'll look at them for a moment....but he'll turn away pretty quick as he gets uninterested....but here are his top 3 favorite things to keep him interested and learning....

#1. Baby Einstien DVD's. He LOVES them and will watch 2 dvd's back to back just sitting there...no fussing. He loves watching all the bright colors and toys. The two best ones for infants I think is Baby Bach, and Baby Bethoveen.
#2. Go outdoors. He loves to be outside. I think it's just smelling the fresh air, seeing a bunch of new things, and getting out of the house. He also loves being in his car seat when we have to drive somewhere.
#3. I don't know what they're called....but it's those toys where you lay the baby on it (on their back)....and they have toys that hang over their head that they can watch. Mine has toys that hangs down from it, music that plays, and parts that move and light up. He just lays on his back and looks at all the bright colors. He loves it! You can get them at babiesrus.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment