Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What kind of things do you add to your baby registry?

best infant toys 0-3 months
 on month old baby sitting with toy dressed in jeans and jumper - stock ...
best infant toys 0-3 months image



Amy


I have no idea where to begin.. or end, for that matter.


Answer
I went to babies r us and Target. At first I wasn't going to go to babies r us, but it is amazing how much more they have than Target.

First do not register for any cute clothes. That is what most people will buy you so why register and get more outfits than you will know what to do with.

Here are some things for your registry

Bottles -even if you are breastfeeding put dowm some bottles just in case.
Bottle brush cleaner
Bottle drying rack
Swing
play mat
some toys
infant tub
hooded towels
washclothes
baby bath soap- johnsons or aveeno - I love aveeno
diapers- i wouldn't put tons of size 1 or 2 (maybe 2 boxes of each and I never bought newborn diapers)
wipes
stroller and carseat- put down for an extra base if you have more than one car
blankets- i got tons of these but you never know if you will get a lot or not
socks
sleepers, gowns
onesies ( 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months
high chair ( personally I love the Fisher Price Space Saver)
crib
changing table not a necessity but I love mine for changing and storage
thermometer
baby medicine like mylicon drops, fever reducer


That is all I can think of for now. Good luck

Can you share your baby shower with me?

Q. Well I was told baby shower etiquette is someone who's not related to you throws it for you.. but I'm only 17 and my friends don't really have experience with planning and throwing an actual party, along with the financial issue there. Its hosted by my mom & grandma.. is this okay?

I'm just looking for you ladies to share your baby shower experiences! Did you register? What kind of stuff did you put on you put on your registry? What kind of games did you play? What kind of food did you serve? How far along were you? Who hosted/payed for it?


Answer
Eh..honestly it's not really terrible if your mom,sister or aunt throws your shower. It's more frowned upon if YOU were to throw your own shower. (My MIL and her mother threw my shower,so technically we were related at the time.) No one ever complained about it. So I figure it was fine.

Yes I registered. I was only going to register at one place (Target or Walmart) but my MIL suggested I register at two places so my guests would have more to choose from. (And make sure who ever sends out your invitations lists where you're registered somewhere on those.)

I didn't put any bigger items on my registry like the car seat,crib and everything like that. We bought those our self. Or actually my MIL bought us a stroller and an infant car seat as my big shower present. But we did go on a purchase a convertible one for later,crib,changing table and bassinet. (I don't suggest buying a bassinet though,we hardly used it.)

Other than those things ;
-burp cloths
-receiving blankets
-clothes (I didn't register for anything smaller than 0-3 months)
-sleep sacks (aside from swaddling or sleepers these are what you use to keep baby warm at night,since loose bedding is a suffocation hazard.)
-bottles (and bottle brush)
-baby bedding (mostly fitted sheets for the crib but also a crib mattress pad - this protects if from stains due to urine,spit up etc.)
-baby tub
-baby wash ; like Johnson's Head to Toe
-wash cloths (I suggest getting some made for baby because they are usually softer.)
-diapers (Pampers Swaddlers are nice for new babies but I wouldn't register for more than 1 box of newborn size as babies tend to grow out of them fast. You'll likely use more size 1-2 at first.)
-wipes (I like Huggies the best,still use them to this day!)
-diaper rash cream (I prefer A & D)
-thermometer - just a simple thermometer,like the one that you use. (I purchased a fancy one that takes the temp on the forehead and it stopped working shortly after so it was just $50 wasted.)
-bulb syringe and saline drops
-infant tylenol
-baby vick's vapor
-gripe water
-gas drops
-teething toys
-baby nail clippers
-diaper bag
-boppy pillow
-baby monitor
-crib mobile
-small lamp (this is ideal if you want to have a low wattage light in there,it's nice to have that when you're up with baby late at night,you don't have to turn on a bright light.)
-baby carrier
-bowls,plates and baby spoons
-bibs
-sippy cups

--

We played the usual games except for one that proved to be a lot of fun and really funny. You separate everyone into groups. Give them a roll of toilet paper,some tape,safety pins and challenge each group to make a diaper onto (a volunteer in their group). Whoever makes the best one in the time frame given (like 3,4 or 5 minutes) - that team gets a prize (like candy or something because it's a group effort).

Other games that most people like are quizzes. Like you have a basket of baby items and each person gets 10 seconds to look in the basket (not touch just look) and then after everyone gets a chance to look you are timed like 1 minute to write down as many items as you can remember.

And lastly,you get a bunch of clothes pins (pink for girl,blue for boy etc) - at the beginning of the shower everyone gets a pin. IF you say the word BABY or the name of the baby (if known) - whoever catches you say that gets to take your pin. Whoever has the most pins collected at the end of the shower gets a prize.

--
Food ;

Sandwiches (turkey and ham)
Potato salad
Deviled Eggs
Vegetable tray w/dip
Sliced Strawberries (this was easier for us though because they were in season at the time.)
Pretzels
Punch and Tea
Cake

*Really when it comes too food you can do whatever you feel like. But traditionally a lot of finger and snack foods are done.

*My mother in law payed for it and her mother hosted it at her house.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment