Friday, January 24, 2014

Infant ear piercing: What is wrong with these people who call themselves parents?

best infant boy toys
 on Action figures & playsets - Sainsburys
best infant boy toys image



Buffy J


A baby is a baby not a fashion accesory. Permanent Body mutilation should be the choice of whoever is getting it. I think that parents do have a right to not allow their kid to do it to themselves, because the kid can when they grow up, but they have no right to do it to their kid before they are old enough to decide for themself. I have an arguement against a few of the biggest reasons why a parent would do this to their kid. First, they say it's cute. I think it looks tacky, but for those who do think it is cute, so are hairbows, a lot of baby outfits, and babies in general. Also, see reason above about it being the kid's choice. Second, they say it ends the problem of gender confusion. A simpler, pain free trick even more visible is putting a little girl in pink, boy in blue. Finally, they say it spares the kid the pain of remembering. If the kid doesn't want it and doesn't wear earrings, the holes are still visible. If they want it when they are older, they can if they are allowed.
I was running out of characters for the last reason, so here's what I meant. I had my ears pierced in kindergarten, I wanted to, in case you are wondering. When I don't wear earrings, the holes are still visible. One possible reason someone may not like having their ears pierced as a baby is because even if they choose not to wear earrings, the holes are still visible and they may not like that. When I looked at similar questions, there were some people who had their ears pierced as infants and ended up not liking it. And if you want to know why I am so bothered by this, when I go to the mall, seeing this done to infants really haunts me, seeing parents deliberately put their kid through so much pain deliberately.



Answer
Thank You! I was at a birthday party not too long ago and my friend walked in with her 3 MONTH OLD daughter with her ears pierced! I was so horrified I couldn't say anything nice about it! I just said "I can't bear it when my daughter gets shots, how could you deliberately put her through that much pain!". Needless to say the mother was speechless and after they left EVERYONE at the party was in shock. It is now the punch line for everything like, "hey, at least I don't poke holes in my babies ears..." So awful, and trashy to boot!

OH and she didn't get them pierced for cultural reasons...she was treating her daughter like her own little fashion toy.

what is the best gift for an ucle to give his newborn nephew?




ronny t


my sister just recently had a baby boy, which by my luck was born on my birthday. my sister was already given all the essentials, such as bottles, formula, ect. and since im the uncle and its a boy i want to be the one to get him the best things. i want to spoil him. what would be the best gift for a newborn boy?


Answer
Here are some things I found to be absolutely amazing with a newborn/young infant: (sorry the links aren't clickable, just copy/paste them to see what they are)
www.miracleblanket.com
www.bumboseat.com (I believe these are available at Babies R Us now)
www.signingtime.com
www.babyeinstein.com
www.goo-ga.com OR www.rockinbabyshop.com
I think that's so cool you want to spoil your nephew and be the "cool" uncle. I think you're already on your way. OH-- and as he gets older, and your sister gets more comfortable with being away from him, offer to babysit, spend time with him one on one, or just visit him often. My boys love my husband's brother- he doesn't spend a lot of money on them, but he spends TONS of time with them, and is always willing to go to the park and play in the dirt with them, take them to movies, McDonald's, or the zoo. They worship the ground he walks on, and the world stops when he comes over, simply because he's their favorite toy. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment