Sunday, January 19, 2014

How can I travel on the road for 9 hours with a baby?

best infant ride on toys
 on Aliexpress.com : Buy best power driven baby & Children ride on car ...
best infant ride on toys image



kenyon_wst


Me and the wife are going on our first vacation to the keys since we had our baby. She is worried about the ride for the baby cause it is 9 hours. How can we make it easier for all of us and no I couldn't get it closer to jacksonville (which is our home) cause of our timeshare week plus we are meeting family there. The baby is 6 months.


Answer
Like at home, you have to do everything around the baby's schedule. You want the baby to sleep in the car and never any other time. You may want to think about traveling more at night. The baby will sleep and you'll make better time. During the day plan lots of stops - at least every 3 hours but be flexible because you only want to stop when the baby is awake. Have lots of toys and something with lights or music, like a crib soother you can strap in your car. I had to do it with my 7 month old and your wife is right - its horrible. I'll never do it again. Also bring infant tylenol and oragel - my kid started teething during the road trip and it took forever to find a place that sold that stuff.

Moms what do you do to make your plane ride with your toddler easier?




Answer-Sma


In about a week me and my 13 month old are flying back to my home town for the weekend. Any thoughts on how to make the plane ride easier for me and her both. Also .. do you think I should take a car seat or just hold her. My sister back home has a car seat we can use when we get there, but I don't know if it will be easier for her to just sit in her own car seat or in my lap. Any suggestions?


Answer
Most airlines allow children under 2 to ride in their parent's lap. So if money is an issue for you, upon checking in (or purchasing your tickets), note that you will be carrying an infant in your lap so you don't have to pay extra for another seat. Make sure you get an aisle seat so there is no struggle when you have to get up to use the rest room and there is room for your wiggler to wiggle. Our two hour trip from Orlando to Newark (and back) was a little tough the first time. So what did to make sure that this flight would be easier was use a large diaper bag as my carry-on and fill it with stuff to entertain him (amongst his diapers and other motherly necessities). I bought a coloring book, his favorite small toys and favorite books to read, some snacks and a portable dvd player w/ his favorite tv shows or movies. Make sure to pack a juice or water (3ozs or less... lol), so that they can be drinking and swallowing when the plane takes off, which helps the popping in their ears be less painful. You can also just purchase a juice or water on the flight, but sometimes they are a little pricey. If you are getting one, buy a juice or water so you can share.
I also scheduled the flight around the time I knew he'd be taking his nap so he could sleep some of the time. I had done the whole flight thing with him once w/o this stuff and w/o getting aisle seats. It was horrendous and I learned from that tremendously. After the flight with the baggage filled with goodies, I was actually comments from those seated beside me. He was so well behaved and they had initially been worried about their flight with a baby next to them. I actually had one of them tell me that I was a good mother, which is always good to hear! I hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment