Monday, January 20, 2014

How do I price items for a garage sale?

best infant toddler toys
 on Top 10 Baby Toys of 2006 - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
best infant toddler toys image



caffeinate


Is there a percentage-of-retail-price to use? I have mostly infant/toddler items including a pack-and-play, very gently used toys, etc. Would I be better off on ebay or a resale store?


Answer
Typical rule of thumb; customers at garage sales will pay ten cents on the dollar; so if you bought something for $10, asking $1 would be about right.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of having a garage sale or selling the items on Ebay, I highly recommend donating the goods. When you donate something you can get a tax refund for 1/3 of the item's value, so if you paid $10 for something you would get about $3 back. My husband and I did this last year when we cleaned out our basement. Instead of having a garage sale, we called the Salvation Army and they came and picked everything up. It was SO EASY and we got $1,100 back in tax refund just from the items we donated.

If you do decide to donate the items, make sure you get a receipt from the organization and keep a list of all the items you donate.

Good luck!

What toy can I create for toddlers or infants?




sarahcole


I have to create a toy for class that is age appropriate for either infants or toddlers. It has to deal with one of the perceptual developments (one of the five senses). Any ideas of what I could make?


Answer
A jigsaw puzzle is probably doable.

Vision: hand-eye co-ordination, pattern recognition.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment