Thursday, January 16, 2014

what's the easiest way to fly with an infant and a toddler?

best toys for infant on plane
 on ... Airplane Helicopter Baby Swing Robot Fish Toys For Boys Children Girls
best toys for infant on plane image



jl2829


The toddler will have his own seat, but I will be holding the baby. My questions are, should the toddler fly in his carseat, and if should we be taking a stroller to the gate (I have a double jogger).
Anyone who has gone through this, please give advice! This is not a vacation, it is for a cross country move so both carseats will need to go on the plane in some way.



Answer
Definitely strap the toddler into his seat and buckle him in. Don't get him out for any reason. Treat it like a car trip. Take a stroller to the gate, but I'd recommend just using a single stroller because they're easier to fold and deal with and get a sling or Bjorn for your infant. It'll be easier for everyone involved! Make sure to have new toys in a backpack for him. Think: a new box of crayons, coloring book and paper, play doh, little plastic animals and cars. One thing my grandmother did for me in a similar situation was to wrap little junky toys like the ones mentioned above and at certain time intervals I was allowed to open a new one. It made the trip go faster (according to my parents) and I only got them if I was behaving myself. Good luck!

What are somethings you look for for child care?

Q. I'm thinking about starting up a child care business. I'm planing on getting certified, but I was just wondering what one looks for when deciding on what child care service to go with? Just want to hear from people that have put their children into child care, so I know what I could exceed at. Thank you!


Answer
Okay, I have worked in the child are field for 10 years and I have a baby so I am extremely anal when looking for child care, so here goes:

1) Caregiver must be CPR and first aid certified (child and infant)
2) Caregiver must be trained in ECE OR have lots of experience with young children
3) Small group setting (max of 5 children)
4) lots of opportunity for outside time
5) Activities - Creative time such as fingerpainting and getting messy, songs, stories, outings, cooking, different things each day, emergent curriculum (go with interests of children, not set themes), science, nature, etc.
6) For infants and toddlers - communication books
7) No smoking household
8) Clean house
9) Quiet areas for children to sleep
10) Healthy home-made meals following the food guide (1 meal and at least two snacks per day)
11) Everyone in the house must have a recent police check
12) What would you do in an emergency?
13) Back-up care if you are sick
14) Policies around vacation and sick days - parents should get two weeks a year of vacation where they do not have to pay
15) Safe, large areas for play (large fenced-in backyard, adequate shade, no dangers)
16) Age appropriate toys and activities
17) Use of TV - a big no-no for me and one of the reasons I pulled my daughter out of home daycare and enrolled her in a centre
18) Interest caregiver shows in my child (do they want to hold them?) and how they interact with other children
19) Discipline method - obviously parents would be looking for positive discipline
Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment