Saturday, January 18, 2014

Does anybody have any tips for babysitting for an infant?

best infant walking toys
 on BABY born Walking St Bernard Dog - Toys R Us - Britain's greatest toy ...
best infant walking toys image



meg [arthu


I've got a part time job for when I go to Canada babysitting a 4 month old boy. I've had babysitting experience before but for no kids under the age of 18 months. Obviously, this is quite different because he's a lot younger and I can't just leave him to play with his toys like I can do with older kids. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Can you give me some tips?


Answer
You are certainly right- you can't leave a 4 month old alone! Never leave babies unattended. They'll fall over when you think they won't/can't, etc.! You can talk to them, play with age-appropriate toys with them, sing/lullabys, bath time is enjoyable for them, even reading to them at that young age is recommeneded and my daughter seemed to enjoy it! You can go for walks in the stroller if the weather is nice enough, or just bundle baby up well if it's a bit cold. Also babies like activity centers, jumpers, exersaucers at this age. Baby will be rolling around that age and soon enough, starting to sit up and crawl which is a fun, fun time.

I am wondering what can I do to help my daughter learn how to walk?




Opal T


She just turned one year old last week. She pulls up on things and i take her walking while i hold her hands. Is there anything else I can do?


Answer
She'll walk when she is ready, but in the mean time, you can get those little push toys where she can hold on to and walk with them as she is pushing, massage legs, feet circulate the blood get it flowing... You can have her hold on to your fingers to practice walking... the options are endless... I say be as active as possible but also enjoy this time where you are not having to chase after her, and let her be an infant/toddler as Long as possible... enjoy it, raising a child is beautiful, don't rush it observe and enjoy it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment