Friday, January 31, 2014

Is it necessary (or worth it) to by an infant walker?




Maryam


My nine month old has taken her first steps (she can walk for about 3 steps on her own).
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get her the Activity Walker.
Is it a good investment?
Will it help her learn to walk?

I'm just worried that it'll be an extra item to clutter the house.
I don't mean the ones that a baby sits in. I got one of those as a gift and I hate it. I mean the push along ones.



Answer
Get a push and ride toy.

My guys LOVED walking around with theirs. And once they hit 18 months or so, they can ride them for another year until they are ready for a tricycle!

Push and ride toys are worth it. And it is 2 toys in 1. Both pretty important and well loved toys.

good toys for a 7 month old?




Amber H


my little girl just turned 7 months old and seems to need something to keep her entertained. she gets bored so fast any suggestions? she is way rotten and always wants to be held!
She doesn't like her jumper, her little feet barely reach. And they do not reach when she is in her walker at all!



Answer
Great age! Jolly Jumper, a walker (if it's safe where you are), any toy with lights an music, like an infant radio with big buttons and bright lights. A toy drum to whack at, little Nerf balls to throw. Crinkly toys and very tactile toys are terrific too!

Seven months is a great age for throwing, banging, crinkling, jumping and practicing walking (if you're 'pro walker toys' that is).

I'd go shopping with ya, but I'm probably about 9 zillion miles away - I hope this helps hon!

*Edit - oh yes, the Leapfrog table (with removable legs), great fun on the floor, for practicing pulling up, and also goes along well with the Jolly Jumper too!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment