Friday, May 17, 2013

When will my infant start playing with toys?

Q. I was wondering when will my baby Jadah start sitting up on her own and playing with her toys? She is 3 months old and Ive tried to introduce rattles to her and little bears. Also could she be teething ?...
She always has her hands in her mouth and slobbing She also like to chew on her clothes to where the front of her shirt in soaking wet.
thanx everyone!

A. My son noticed his toys at about 10 weeks...and started batting & slapping at them (on his activity mat) at about 11-12 weeks. He hasn't yet been able to sit up on his own, nor is he able to hold onto a toy and play with it yet...but I suspect it will be soon.

Get some teething keys or gumming toys...your child might like those, since she is chewing on everything right now. BTW, this behavior is completely normal!


How can I let my 3 month have tummy time without my 16 month old hurting him?
Q. I usually let my 3 month old do tummy time on our couch, but he looks like he'll be rolling over any minute.

When my first son was born I always let him play on a blanket on the floor, but now that I've got an infant and a toddler, I'm afraid my toddler will either fall on the baby or unintentionally hit him with a toy if the baby is on the floor. Any suggestions?

A. You really have to watch your 16 month old, that's all really. And if he gets near, tell him he has to watch out. After awhile, he'll realize it.

My son eventually would even crawl on the floor entertaining his brother. :)


What Are Your Thoughts About Exposing Infants To Television?
Q. My baby is only 3 months old and already stares at the tv when she is being changed or what not. I was CONSIDERING buying her some baby einstein videos to watch or look at while she is in her bouncer and I cook dinner or try and get dressed. Is that bad? Obviously I would never let the tv babysit my kid, but she is too young to hold toys or or sit up yet and I know the einstein videos are all music, shapes and colors. THOUGHTS?

A. There are no benefits to any tv program for a 3 month old baby, but if the tv is on while you are cooking or cleaning or whatever it would probably be better to have some kind of baby video on instead of some violent adult show full of foul language.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment