Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What are the best ways to keep the baby occupied while in the car...?

Q. We visit the grandparents at least 1 a month and they live about 2 hours away. My 6 month old is getting tired of the infant toys that hang from his handle. What other toys are good for keeping babies occupied for so long in the car?

Other than my husband or I sitting back there playing peekabo!

A. Traveling is sooo hard. I have trouble with mine if its more than an hour. He will sleep about that long then wake up and be bored and fussy. I try bringing lots of toys from home. When he was that little he loved to rip up paper. Old magazines work great for that. That would keep him busy for awhile. The other thing I try to do is leave for the trip when I know he is tired. He used to sleep late so if we got going real early I knew he would fall back to sleep. Also try and tire him out before you leave, play outside in the fresh air. My baby also likes the toy cell phones. I set aside some toys for just the car so he doesn't get bored with them so fast. The only time he gets to play with them is in the car.


Is it okay to have a second baby shower?
Q. We got pregnant by suprise (bc failed) we have a daughter whos 3, so as you can imagine.. I gave all newborn and little clothes and blankets and rocker, bouncer, swings all to my friends and family who have had babies. we have the crib, and stroller still and some infant toys, but nothing else. We are not sure gender yet either. Do you normally have 2nd baby showers? Is it okay to?

A. Yes, of Course!!! It's called a Sprinkle Baby Shower when a shower is given for the mother of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on baby. A baby shower is not just for the first time new moms. After all, even though you have had children, the new baby will need items just like your previous ones did.

However, with a Sprinkle Baby Shower, the gift ideas are even more plentiful. Ideas, like offering to baby sit for her other children while she and her husband enjoy a nice evening out, or a nice home cooked mean are both excellent gift ideas for the 2nd time around. For more about the baby shower sprinkle parties, you might want to go to http://www.cardsshoppe.com/sprinkle-baby-showers.htm where you can read lots more. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you.


What are some good educational toys for a 2 year old girl?
Q. My daughter is going to be two in May. I am wondering what would be some good educational toys for her. I have been looking but most of what I have been seeing is for infants and toys that she would get bored of. She likes things that make noise. Right now she is into drawing and organizing. She likes pushing things around. She is really into baby dolls right now. I got her one and some accessories to go with. I am just wondering what educational. I a curious what your child at this age likes or liked and also what are some toys to avoid? Thanks!

A. I would recommend anything Leapfrog. A couple that come to mind are the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set and the Leapfrog Alphabet Explorer. Here is a link to all Leapfrog toys that are appropriate for a 2 year old-
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw=leapfrog&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&f=PAD%2FTRU+Age+Filter%2F2+Years&fbc=1&fbn=TRU+Age+Filter%7C2+Years

Vtech also makes a toddler laptop. I don't have it but it looks like it got good reviews and it would be educational-
http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Infant-Learning-Friends-Toddler/dp/B0027CS7F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1269711342&sr=8-1
I believe it is for ages 18 months to 3 years.

My son likes his Little People Animal Sounds Farm. I would recommend that highly. Great for learning animal sounds and names and for speech (saying in, out, up, down).
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Animal-Sounds/dp/B000EQGT00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1269711459&sr=1-1





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment