Saturday, October 26, 2013

Is it safe to use super glue on infant toy?

best infant musical toys
 on Educational Baby Toys - The Best Educational Toys for Infants
best infant musical toys image



Gabe'sMom


i just recieved a new musical toy for my 8 month old in the mail, it has a small piece that is broken off on top that i know i can fix with super glue, but i need to know if its safe..i know my mom used it on my toys way back, but..i don't know about if its toxic or not?..he is a teething and chews on everything!


Answer
No it is not safe! Send the toy back! The glu is toxic and if it doesn't hold he could choke on the piece.... Please don't do that!!

How do you keep your infant from crying while shopping?




Tacymevol


I have an 11 month old infant who has a difficult time keeping entertained while I shop. The only way I can doing any shopping is if I know exactly what I want, purchase it, and then leave immediately. Whenever I need some time to browse, my 11 month old begins to fuss and eventually begins to cry. I've always fed and changed her before our outings so those reasons go out the window. Is there anyway that I can keep my daughter entertained better while I'm doing errands? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.


Answer
Hi
I totally feel your pain..... First remember this don't worry about those childless people (or even parents themselves) who'll give you dirty looks if you baby so much as cries while you are trying to shop.. They'll get over it and ig they donn't eventually they'll go somewhere else. Some people seem to think they were perfect angels when they were young (yeah right!)
Babies are going to cry... even if there is nothing wrong.
Babies cry to relieve stress too. Not just when they are hungry or need to be changed or tired.

Alot of time shopping in the morning not too long after the baby has gotten up and been fed. Not too close to nap time though : )

Sometime I bring cheerios and juice. Or I let them bring a toy... Once they get sick of that I give them my keys...
Also I saw another person mention letting them hold things that you put in your basket.... I do that too!

Have you tried those soft books? some of them have teething toys on them and some have different textures... like crinklly paper in them or something squeaky in them

If a pacifier works for you then go for it! I refused to give my kids a pacifier after 6 months old... it can hinder speech development. I see some mom's with 2 and 3 year olds that still have "binkies" and they think it's cute that the kid can talk even with the paci in their mouth.... Little do they know it's training the kid to talk like that... all garbled and such
But if it's the only thing that will work then it's up to you.

The only other thing I can think of is what I did when my daughter (I have 2 kids) was getting into the "difficult" stage
I just refused to take her with me..... If I ran out of milk.. too bad
We'd just have to wait for daddy to get home.. or I would just call him and have him get some on the way home.
Then when I had real grocery shopping to do... not just milk and eggs, I would have my husband take care of her while I shopped.

oh, I just remembered... do you have any musical toys? (what kinda question is that?) Or ones that have lights and stuff?
That always seemed to work for my 19 month old son.
He would be crying and just suddenly stop when he heard his toy. He would completely forget about WHY he was crying : )

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment