Monday, October 21, 2013

Love design, color, children's toys and anything playful - can you recommend a career/job?

best infant learning toys
 on Best Educational Toys for Baby
best infant learning toys image



Hera


I have a 2001 business mgmt. degree and I am not interested in that field whatsoever. I'm currently enrolled in a graphic design school and after speaking to some professors, they recommended I take a few courses in design to familiarize myself with it, and then seek employment. The tough issue is, what aspect of design do I choose.

I love color and anything related to bright, playful things (like toys, etc), and thought to possibly enter a career as a designer of nursery and children's rooms (bedrooms (infant to early teens), play rooms, and such. I love combining and matching colors and filling a space.

The thing is, I would like to know - is there a demand for this? Where would one seek work? I would like to go into business for myself but not until I develop some skills.

With regards to the nursery, I would look into helping the client choose wall paint, furniture, curtains (based on their idea/concept of how they want it,) and even thing as stuffed animals and early learning toys.

I'm not quite sure I like the interior design concept, but more of actually choosing colors, patterns, etc and putting it together -- which I guess would be interior design.

Would a job like this exist? And how is it called, how would you seek position?



Answer
You might try entering the Design Star contest. Or apply for interior design jobs.

How do children learn to play?




Kal


This is a question I came across in Sociology. The question is : Describe two ways in which an infant learns how to play with other children.
Please help me out!!



Answer
By interaction with others- other infants whether in the home setting or a childcare.They will learn to adjust their actions by the reactions of other children. Eg: "Oh,when I took that toy, they cried". Perhaps the child eventually internalises this action/reaction, and thereby acquires the skills to interact through play.Also, other children may ostracise a child who does not follow the "rules"

Young infants will obviously be with a caregiver who models acceptable behaviour, and discourages things like biting/ hitting/ snatching toys. The caregiver will adjust their reaction according to the age of the child, with older children having consequences such as time out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment