Wednesday, May 22, 2013

do you plan to buy lots of new things when your baby is born?

Q. Having a baby can cost a lot, but I think it's just because people want to buy the absolute newest car seat crib stroller etc, not to mention the newest toys cute clothes, little baby socks and shoes etc.

I would just go get everything at a second hard store or better yet hand me downs from the many people I know who have had babies in the last year.

Also the big question. Cloth diapers or pampers? Pampers are certainly more convenient, but they cost money AND theyre terrible for the environment.

Thoughts?

A. Before my baby arrived I did not buy anything new. Here is where my stuff came from.

Craig's List
Crib (3 in one) $75
dresser $50

Freecycle.org
Clothes ranging in sizes from newborn to 18 months

Family friend (that has 2 toddlers)
Swing & bouncy chair
car seat & play pen
several toys (ranging from 3 months to toddler ages)
bottles
safety gates
infant bath seat
bath chair (for older babies)
bath towels & wash cloths
blankets & burp cloths
and tons more that I cant think of right now

Received from friends and family (new)
bottles
clothes
burp cloths
bath supplies (soaps & lotion)
stroller & car seat
diapers & wipes
and loads more!

I don't like pampers, I use Huggies.


What are some activities I can do with my bored 2 year old?
Q. I'm a stay at home Mom with an infant and a 2.25 year old. She has plenty of toys but gets bored and acts out. We usually read books and play with playdough. She likes to watch Nick Jr shows, but I don't want her watching TV all day. What are some fun, fairly easy, and fairly cheap (or free!) activities I can do with her to help her have fun during the day?

A. color with crayons and markers (washable)

paint with washable paint (I put my toddler in her high chair for art)

play with play food

take a bath to just play

go to the park

go to Mc Donalds playland just be sure to bring antibacterial wipes

free storytimes/workshops at the library

an indoor gym place with $5 or so freeplay

take a ball to the park and just let her run around

dance to music

play dress up

have her "help" with laundry

have her "help" with dusting

draw with sidewalk chalk and blow bubbles

play shape searchers and look for shapes around the house

make sock puppets or paper bag puppets

Hope I helped. I have an almost 2 1/2 year old and I'm a SAHM too. It can get boring but the key is to stay busy if you can. Get out of the house at least once a day even if it's just for a walk.


What are some good stocking stuffers for infants?
Q. I have a daughter who will be five months at Christmas, and I was raised without ever doing Christmas, so I don't know what would be good stocking stuffers for her. Any suggestions?

A. This is going to be my daughters first christmas too and I'm totally stumped. My parents go over board so forgive me if this is beyond what you were hoping to do. Some cute outfits, bath toys, teething rings, can of formula if she uses it, jar baby food as she will be eating it soon or maybe just baby cereal. A teddy bear? Picture of her family for her nursery?? These are things i'm thinking of. And since she really has no idea what is going on it doesnt hurt to throw in things she needs like diapers. She wont care that its not "cool" Merry christmas and good luck





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment