Saturday, May 25, 2013

What is the bst way to clean infants toys after they have been sick?

Q. My baby has RSV and I need to disinfect his toys soon. I know I can throw the stuffed animals in pillow case and wash them but what about all the other stuff?

A. Put some bleach in a bath tub full of water and dunk them in. The ones with batteries, just give them a wipe down. I understand completely why you want to get those germs out! My nephew had RSV and did breathing treatments and took steroids to get better. I remember him being sick for weeks. Poor thing! I hope your baby gets better soon. You should think about an air purifier like the ones Rainbow has. Those are great.


How do you clean an infants stuffed toy?
Q. I bought them at a yard sale and I want to kill the germs but once before I washed one in the washer and dried it in the dryer but it lost its real softiness. It's like the dryer made the soft material rough and brittle but i'm afraid just let them air dry. What to do?

A. Use a hand-held steamer. It's great for cleaning baby toys and furniture because it kills germs and leaves no chemical residue. Steam is also the way to go on hardwood, ceramic and stone floors that the baby might crawl on later on. No chemicals, no residue, and it's easy to use and does a great job.


How much bleach do you use to clean an infant bathtub?
Q. I want to get the infant tub super clean, but I've never used bleach before and have no clue how much to use. I know I'm supposed to dilute it in water, but what kind of bleach/water ratio do I need? Is bleach even safe? I saw a commercial for Clorox that said it's safe to use on baby toys and bottles, so I went ahead and bought some. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A. I've never trusted bleach on my babies items, I've always been too paranoid that I wouldn't rinse it off well enough. I use the Clorox Everywhere spray. You can spray it & it's safe without rinsing it with water. I absolutely love it, and it cleans everything really well.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment