Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Do y'see the love in this one?!?

Q. The Feeling of Done

Sometimes, like an architect
where my write is the ribbon
on opening day;
sometimes just fully spent,
and my poem is the towel to
wipe my tears away!

Sometime, the fool drunkard
inebriated by this cocktail
penned to true love;
sometimes the wolfish glutton
who writes and writes but
never gets enough.

Sometimes a wee small infant
a strange format my newest toy to
learn to rattle;
and sometimes I am a warrior,
with cause shield and word sword brandished
well in battle!

RAH (c) 09/23/2010
"D"...hugs t'you too sweetie! :)

Caz...I posted all these love poems 'n' wodnered where y'went!?! ;)

Muchas gracias amiga! :)
T'anks again ladies...y'all so dependably sweet!

T'anks s'much BF and CG...actually, I've posted a number today, cuz I got asked about somethin' and these were my answer! From the archives or on teh spot, I'm enjoyin' the ones I chose today!

A. Yes I do see the love in this one , Nice one Ray


Are parents aware of the harmful effects of lots of chemicals found in most plastic?
Q. like ''Bisphenol A'' or 'BPA' and other chemicals like phthalates ?

''BPA is controversial because it exerts weak, but detectable, hormone-like properties, raising concerns about its presence in consumer products and foods contained in such products. Starting in 2008, several governments questioned its safety, prompting some retailers to withdraw polycarbonate products. A 2010 report from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) raised further concerns regarding exposure of fetuses, infants, and young children.[1] In September 2010, Canada became the first country to declare BPA a toxic substance.[2][3] In the European Union and Canada, BPA use is banned in baby bottles.[4]''


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8361863.stm

A. Yup, thus why we only buy wooden toys and we make sure all of our plastic is BPA free, or buy glass/wood products where possible. We use glass baby bottles.


Can anyone suggest a convertable car seat that will fit in a Subaru Forester?
Q. We have a 2010 Forester. Since the seats are at an angle the convertible car seat we have (received new from childbirth classes) does not fit without having the front seat pushed all the way to the dash. Anyone have suggestions for a convertible car seat that would fit? My son is 7 months and just does to fit so well in his infant seat anymore. Also, I have read here and there that the seat no longer needs to be at a 45 degree angle, is this true?
I can tell you that it can not go in the middle. In the bottom of the seat, it has a piece that flips up and out for drinks and there is the lap/shoulder belt for the middle, not hooks for the seat. When I took my car in for the infant seat inspection they told me it was not safe in the middle for that reason. I will have to go pull the car seat out and get the manufacture and model and let you know. Also my son is 7 months and has been sitting unassisted since 4 1/2 months, but I hate to change the angle and make him uncomfortable.
http://www.coscojuvenile.com/usa/eng/Products/For-Travel/Car-Seats/Convertible-Car-Seats/Details/1828-22120TRC-Scenera-Convertible-Car-Seat

This is very similar to the one we have. The only thing I found different is our is a 22120FSM (date on seat is 2008) instead of a TRC. These are listed around $50, we do not mind spending more for a nicer one.

A. I have read that after 8 months it can be at a greater than 45 degree angle since they can sit up unassisted by that point, so that babies can rear-face longer. But I found with my daughter that she wasn't really comfortable like that. Have you tried putting the convertible in the middle? I was surprised to find that our convertible, which had us pushing the chair all the way forward, fit perfectly between the two front seats in both of our small cars.

As for recommending one that might fit better... which one are you trying?

Add: Well that stinks that you can't put it in the middle back seat. Blah.

If you can find out the manufacturer, the type of seat it is, you may be able to find a seat that is shorter or has a smaller base or would fit better overall. I think it's carseat.org that has a lot of experts that might be able to tell you directly. Another option, the one I'd go for, would be to measure what the current seat's size is and then go to some place like Toys or Babies R Us and measure different seats, and when you find one that seems like it would work then talk to one of the employees and test-fit it in your car to see if it will.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment