Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What are the first steps of running a home day care?

Q. I have a play pen, port a crib, crib, and 3 toddler beds.

I have a lot of infant and toddler toys.

I was wondering what I would have to do to become a home daycare or in Texas a Listed Child Care Home.

And where would be the best place to advertise?

A. http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/About_Child_Care_Licensing/default.asp

This will tell you everything you need to know about daycare licensing in Texas.


Where can i get the toys needed for my sugar glider?
Q. I live in St. Louis, and I'm going to be getting a sugar glider soon. I looked on ebay and found a nice cage and bonding pouches and all that kind of stuff, but I wanna know what types of toys I should get for my baby, and where to get them? I don't really want to buy those things online.

A. Just as a note before I start answering your actual question, sugar gliders are colony creatures and should be kept in pairs or groups.

That said, make sure your cage is at least 3 feet high x 3 feet wide x 2 feet deep.

Toys.. I know you say you don't want to buy online, but the truth is, you're more likely to find good toys online.
These are some vendors that I do business with on a regular basis:
Gliderdaydreams.com
SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Gliderpals.com

..each are fabulous.
Also check out Critterbin.com
And glidercentral.net (great site for information, but also has a classifieds center, and many links to vendors).

If you still are set on buying them in person, most bird toys are safe. As well as toys made for infants.

You will also need cage sets and sleeping pouches for your gliders. Gliderdaydreams.com sells them -- and if you send her an e-mail (email is listed on her website) asking if she'll make a custom cage set for you, she likely will..(Standard cage set includes 2 corner hammocks, 1 bridge, 2 pouches... and if you want, a tunnel and/or fleece vine... This all for me, minus the fleece vine, cost $30 something).


Any suggestions on traveling with infant on a plane?
Q. I will be traveling ALONE with my 10 months old son for a 15 hours non-stop flight very soon. Any suggestions on how i can make it easier on myself and on him? I heard about the sucking bottle when take off and land to avoid his ear popping. The travel agent booked us the very last row. but then I heard that the best is the bulk head. I am not sure having a big screen in front of me and my baby though. He crawls everywhere. Not yet walking by himself. What do i do to entertain him? Can I bring a electronic toys on board? Is there any traveling gear that I should bring with me? I will have a travel system stroller and the car seat with me. I am afriaid it will be really tough when we get to the screening. Just a bit nervous since I will be going alone. That's a long flight too. Please help.

A. You have so many important questions! I found this site that is probably just what you need to read. It has information on everything listed below. I copied it from the site to give you an idea. Best wishes on your trip.

These baby and child air travel tips are from flying families worldwide
.
Get tips about:

Airlines

At the airport

Diaper changing

Meals on board

Entertainment and playing

Getting around

Health and hygiene

Packing

Safety

Sleeping on board

Staying sane

Travel planning

What happens on board

What to wear





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment