Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What are some Montessorri activities I can do with my 4 month old?




Vee


I am looking for some activities that I can do with my 4 month old that are Montessori-inspired. Right now I am working on getting her to roll over, to reach for toys that are dangled in front of her, and to spend more time on her tummy for more head control. Any ideas?


Answer
I don't have a lot of infant ideas, since I teach 3-6 year olds.

I would recommend this book:
http://astore.amazon.com/monteblog-20/detail/0805211128

Really, what I would suggest, thinking about Montessori, is your actual environment. Not so much specific activities, but I would look and see whether the environment is set up for the child. When your daughter is old enough to crawl, is everywhere she crawls safe for her?

Right now, language is playing a huge role in development. Not that she'll start talking, but it is important to make sure you talk to her a lot, sing and play games, and she sees positive communication from you.

my neighbor had a little girl today,besides a cigar,what would be a nice gift(were not really that close)?




jesse12508





Answer
*Baby clothes are nice. Try getting something in the 3-6 month range. They probably already have enough newborn, and 0-3 clothes already.

*Baby wipes, lotion, wash, washcloths, hooded-towel, infant tylenol drops, spoons- make up a gift basket.

*Maybe a baby toy for when the baby is older, like teethers, rattles, crib toys, etc. Board books are nice too.

*Photo frame- Baby's first year, newborn frame, first bath, etc.

*Get the mom a gift certificate for a massage, make-up, salon, etc. Everybody's focus went from the pregnant mom to the new baby, and now she's probably feeling a little left-out. Baby won't remember any gifts, but the mom won't forget.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment