Thursday, April 17, 2014

How do you help your infant learn to self soothe?




gc525





Answer
When my son showed interested in his fish crib toy, we made it his sleep soother.

Sometimes it can be a gradual process. Just dont try to rush it or it will never work.

they way we did it was:

put him to sleep like we normally did. After putting him down, we turned on the fish ( its the ocean wonder one) for a few cycles during the night.
the next night, we put him now asleep but still awake a bit and did it again.
the third night we put him down as he was falling asleep and turned it on. he put himself right to sleep.

now we just put him down when he starts to try and snuggle into my arm and he watches it for a bit then goes to sleep. we do the same for naptime. worked very well and took only a week.

good luck!

Toys for infant?




cj2004


I need some ideas on toys for my son who is 4 1/2 months old. I stay at home with him and he gets lots of attention. But there are moments I need to do something. Like right now I've been trying to get ready to go to the store and he's just whining. He's in his exersaucer with a baby video in. Nothing keeps his attention for any length of time, even a few minutes. I know part of it is his age. Is there anything that has worked for anyone or am I just going to have to deal until he learns to play better with age (and when does that happen)?


Answer
Get the Baby Einstein Baby Mozart, Beethoven, etc. DVD or videos. My daughter is now 8 months, and she STILL will sit there for at least an hour and watch the pictures and listen to the music. It's AMAZING how much she loves it.

Also, LAMAZE toys are terrific, especially for children your sons age that are starting to play with toys more with their hands. They are very colorful, and normally make some sort of noise. You can get them at places like Babies R Us, Kohls, Toys R Us, etc.

Also, I got a vibrating rocker chair from Fischer Price that has a detachable toy arch. It has a cow/farm theme. She has loved that chair pretty much since birth. She naps in it, plays in it, and it's wonderful!!!

Finally, anything with a mirror in it. Look for activing chairs or gyms that have mirrored things on them. My baby now likes to have conversations with herself! lol!

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment