Tuesday, November 12, 2013

When did you infant start showing an interest in toys?

best infant toys for learning
 on Greek Learning Puppy Greek Fisher Price Toy
best infant toys for learning image



2 Little A


I bought so many toys that say birth plus. My son will be 7 weeks on Wednesday and he has shown ZERO interest in these birth plus toys, I put them up to him and shake the toys and push the lights on them and he just stares at the ceiling or at the lamps, never at the toys. When did your infant finally enjoy his toys?
I dont mind that he would rather look at ceilings and not his toys I just thought he needed all these toys since it says Birth on them and the packs they came in say that these toys have all these developmental benefits.



Answer
She had a Baby Einstein mat with a star suspended from the top which blinked multiple colors and played various classical songs and she loved that at one month. She would pay attention to it and even kick her legs in rhythm with some of the music. However, she did find the ceiling fan more interesting. The rest of her toys weren't interesting until she learned to work her hands on her own. And, to tell you the truth, most of the time, babies will find real world objects (like Mom's cellphone or keys) more interesting than the toys designed for them. My daughter's thing has been cat toys. We have little balls with bells in them for the cats, and a mouse the squeaks when you shake it. She would always find those more interesting than comparable infant/toddler toys for some reason. If I had known that in the beginning, I would have invested in cheap kitty toys. As it is, we go real simple with toys (mostly received as gifts). She is obsessed with books and balls and largely ignores toys except enjoying dumping them all over the floor, picking them up and putting them back...rinse and repeat.

What are some good craft projects for infants?




bblover81


I am a infant teacher at a daycare and I do different art projects with them weekly, but I am running out of ideas. Does anyone have any ideas? There from age 6 weeks to 12 months, but my oldest is 10 months.


Answer
Are you serious? This is a real title and you went to school to learn this?

Babies should not be doing anything but playing with baby certified toys.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment