Sunday, November 10, 2013

Moms what do you do to make your plane ride with your toddler easier?

best toys for infant on plane
 on best infant toys for plane on The Citrus Lane Awards Holiday Gift ...
best toys for infant on plane image



Answer-Sma


In about a week me and my 13 month old are flying back to my home town for the weekend. Any thoughts on how to make the plane ride easier for me and her both. Also .. do you think I should take a car seat or just hold her. My sister back home has a car seat we can use when we get there, but I don't know if it will be easier for her to just sit in her own car seat or in my lap. Any suggestions?


Answer
Most airlines allow children under 2 to ride in their parent's lap. So if money is an issue for you, upon checking in (or purchasing your tickets), note that you will be carrying an infant in your lap so you don't have to pay extra for another seat. Make sure you get an aisle seat so there is no struggle when you have to get up to use the rest room and there is room for your wiggler to wiggle. Our two hour trip from Orlando to Newark (and back) was a little tough the first time. So what did to make sure that this flight would be easier was use a large diaper bag as my carry-on and fill it with stuff to entertain him (amongst his diapers and other motherly necessities). I bought a coloring book, his favorite small toys and favorite books to read, some snacks and a portable dvd player w/ his favorite tv shows or movies. Make sure to pack a juice or water (3ozs or less... lol), so that they can be drinking and swallowing when the plane takes off, which helps the popping in their ears be less painful. You can also just purchase a juice or water on the flight, but sometimes they are a little pricey. If you are getting one, buy a juice or water so you can share.
I also scheduled the flight around the time I knew he'd be taking his nap so he could sleep some of the time. I had done the whole flight thing with him once w/o this stuff and w/o getting aisle seats. It was horrendous and I learned from that tremendously. After the flight with the baggage filled with goodies, I was actually comments from those seated beside me. He was so well behaved and they had initially been worried about their flight with a baby next to them. I actually had one of them tell me that I was a good mother, which is always good to hear! I hope this helps!

What should I bring when traveling/flying with an 8 month old baby?




Jen


We are flying to Ohio for a week (2 flights about 2 hours each). I am packing, but want to make sure I don't forget anything. I have diapers, wipes, clothes, a few toys, etc. How many bottles should I bring? I nurse and pump everyday, but will probably mostly pump while we are there. Any other suggestions would be great!
We are only bringing two small carry on suitcases and the diaper bag because luggage costs so much.



Answer
I just traveled with my son who was 10 months at the time...God bless you! haha....Anyway, Things I took on the plane with me 2 hour flight plus time in the airport....Diapers, wipes, change of clothes, bib, 2 bottles, 1 can of formula, infant tylenol/motrin, orajel (hes teething pretty bad lately), Food (3 jars), spoons, snacks (cereal), sippy cup, toys (ones that don't make too much noise).

Things I brought in general for the trip....Clothes, PJs, stroller, car seat, toys, baby toiletries (soap, lotion, nail clippers, nasal aspirator, brush, diaper rash cream, baby monitors (we were staying with family, so I was able to put him down for a nap, and still go outside by the pool). Towel and washclothes, sunblock.

I bought food, formula, and diapers when I got there. My relatives also borrowed a lot of baby gear from a friend so I had things there (Pack n Play, walker, high chair).

Check your airlines policies. There usually isn't a charge for checking carseat, strollers, or bassinets (pack n play), even if the child is flying on your lap. You are also allowed to bring the diaper bag plus your carry ons...the diaper bag does not count as your carry on.

Best of luck. I hope you are not traveling alone, and will have help, my son was very good and slept the entire flight there, and if it weren't for my fiance and my mother traveling with us, I would have had a nervous break down.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment