Monday, September 9, 2013

How to safely clean plastic and electric children's toys?

best infant toddler toys
 on Get Baby Toys for Your baby at Whole Sale Rate from the Whole Sale ...
best infant toddler toys image



Carolyn L


I have some old, gently used toys that I used to play with from my attic. I want to use them with the kids I will be working with in First Steps, but I would like to clean them first to get the dust and germs off. What is a safe way to clean them? I will be working with infants and toddlers, so I don't want anything that may harm them. What products should I use to make these items safe and clean? Some are electronic (battery-operated, make noises, etc.) and others are plastic.


Answer
For plastic toys I tend to use clorox wipes. If you think that is to strong you can always then wipe them down with a damp cloth or toweling. You'll want to keep liquid away from any speaker if the toy has one. You either clean carefully around it or disassemble the toy (if possible) and clean the outer shell.

What toy can I create for toddlers or infants?




sarahcole


I have to create a toy for class that is age appropriate for either infants or toddlers. It has to deal with one of the perceptual developments (one of the five senses). Any ideas of what I could make?


Answer
A jigsaw puzzle is probably doable.

Vision: hand-eye co-ordination, pattern recognition.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment