Sunday, August 18, 2013

How much to sell baby things for at a yard sell?

best selling infant toys
 on Best selling!!Baby toy Toddler Water Pool Swim Ring Seat Float Boat ...
best selling infant toys image



Mama Dukes


I have a TON of clothes, toys, an exersaucer, cradle swing..etc. I plan on having my first yard sell in October, but I have no clue how to price things. Some of the clothes still have tags and some new without the tags. Obviously the toys and the other baby things have been used, but are in good condition.

Any help?



Answer
I recently had a garage sale, and this is how I priced Hannah's clothes, and they flew out the door!

Basic clothes and brands (Carters, Old Navy, stuff from Kohl's and Target, some Baby gap)
Onsies (nicer ones, not plain white), pants, skirts, tops $ .50 each
One piece outfits $ .75 each

For nicer outfits like Ralph Lauren, Gymboree, Janie and Jack~I put the outfit in a gallon size storage bag, and labeled the brand, # of pieces (pants, shirt, socks) and the size. I priced them between $2.00 and $10.00 an outfit.

Coats I priced from $3.00 - $15.00. I got $15.00 for a Hanna Anderson snowsuit, and $10.00 for a wool baby gap coat.

Shoes: infant crib shoes $ .50 each. Nicer shoes between $2.00 - $5.00

At first I had a hard time letting go of clothes for these prices...I thought, Way too cheap!! But the more I realized that I wasn't getting ANY money for them sitting in my basement collecting dust, the easier it was to part with.

I sold clothes from newborn-2T, plus coats, shoes, books and toys and made almost $400.00.

Make sure you advertise your garage sale on craiglist for free, including the sizes of clothing you have, and brands. I had a TON of people emailing me about them, and they were lined up outside my door before the sale started!

Also, you can also come down on your prices if it isn't moving. We priced everything to move in the sale.

how old was your youngest child when you finally got rid of the last of the infant toys?




desmeran


we're well past infancy, and i just realized how many totally outgrown items are clogging up my basement. i blame you people for distracting me.


Answer
Three and half or four. We sold them at the neighbor's yard sale. Between the toys and old clothes, the kid made thirty bucks. They were thrilled to be rid of them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment