Thursday, August 22, 2013

How can I get my baby to stop sucking her thumb?

best babies toys 3 months
 on Baby Gifts and Toys Best for Newborn Baby to 3 months old|Newborn baby ...
best babies toys 3 months image



Stephanie


My baby is 3 months old and she always wants to suck her thumb. I've given her a pacifier and she spits it out to suck her thumb!! I know it's not a huge deal right now, but I dont want her to be doing this when she is 2-3 years old. Has anyone else had this problem?


Answer
If she wants to suck her thumb at that age, there isn't anything you can do to stop her. it's fine for children to suck their thumbs as long as it's not past age 4 (for dental reasons). You have to break the attachment to a pacifier as well, so there really is no advantage to trying to make her take one. At least with thumb sucking, you don't have get up in the middle of the night to replace it for her, she can do it herself. You can try to encourage her to get attached to a toy as she gets a little older and around age 3 or so, you can try a thumb guard to teach her not to suck anymore.

From your experience, what are the best toys for a 3 month old?




Chrissy L


My 3 month old seems bored with his toys so I need new ones for him. He has the Baby Einstein Play Gym where toys are suspended all around him and he bats at them. However he seems ready for something new and I want to ask you guys first what your children REALLY loved, both for having fun and for helping them developmentally.


Answer
The BEST thing we had (starting at the end of 3 months old to about 11 months old) was the Rainforest Jumperoo http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-K6070-Rainforest-Jumperoo/dp/B000I2UJ0Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1205693301&sr=8-1




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment