Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How do I price items for a garage sale?

best infant and toddler toys
 on Best Baby Toys
best infant and toddler toys image



caffeinate


Is there a percentage-of-retail-price to use? I have mostly infant/toddler items including a pack-and-play, very gently used toys, etc. Would I be better off on ebay or a resale store?


Answer
Typical rule of thumb; customers at garage sales will pay ten cents on the dollar; so if you bought something for $10, asking $1 would be about right.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of having a garage sale or selling the items on Ebay, I highly recommend donating the goods. When you donate something you can get a tax refund for 1/3 of the item's value, so if you paid $10 for something you would get about $3 back. My husband and I did this last year when we cleaned out our basement. Instead of having a garage sale, we called the Salvation Army and they came and picked everything up. It was SO EASY and we got $1,100 back in tax refund just from the items we donated.

If you do decide to donate the items, make sure you get a receipt from the organization and keep a list of all the items you donate.

Good luck!

What age did you move your kiddo from the baby bath to the real bath?




Rose Arizo


My 16-month old still uses the infant-toddler bath, and I like it because it contains him a little better, it's cleaner, and doesn't use as much water. He seems like he's getting a little cramped though, so I'm just wondering at what age others transfer to the big tub for baths.


Answer
This is a preference thing much more than anything else. As soon as you or he is ready, go for it! And at 16 months he can sit up, and should be walking so no fear of him sliding into the water readily. If he and you are ready switch, and if you're worried that he may not like it, let him splash more with the bubbles, maybe try a new boat toy. Something new that he can associate with switching to the bigger bath, to make it more fun and an easier switch.
Myself, I never used a baby bath, just the bath tub itself, I started out climbing in with my daughter and holding her while i bathed her and let her kick and splash and it became easier when she could sit up and play more. Then at a year we introduced the shower-head for more fun! And it's worked great, my daughter takes both baths and showers since the age of 3, now at 5 she cleans better than my husband some days :)
{Try the tub-stickers, the ones you put on the bottom of the shower to give more grib when you stand. They even come in cute fishy designs, so slipping is less of a worry as well. They should give you more confidence in letting him sit up and play in the big tub.}
Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment