Thursday, June 19, 2014

I have a doxin and she has a little rubber frog she thinks is her baby! What do i do?




Sasha Brad


I have a 5 year old doxin.... A few months ago I bought her this little rubber frog that squeaks and she is super overprotective of it. Seems like she thinks its her baby. when you grab the rubber frog then she freaks out starts whining loud and then when we give it back she lightly grabs it like she is trying not to hurt it. My boyfriend and I put it up on a shelf and she hurt herself trying to get up there with it. I dont understand why she is doing this. She lays in bed all day with it. She burys it in places that are soft like my bedding or under my pillows. She bites my cat if he gets anywhere close to her. She even carries it to the car when we leave to go places! She doesnt seem happy anymore and she never wants to play! HELP!!!!


Answer
That doesn't sound like she treats it like an infant, it sounds like she's possessive over her favorite toy. That's a bad habit that needs to be nipped in the bud right away. Small breed especially are prone to this - more so since people put off training them properly since they think it's "cute". There's nothing cute about aggression though. She needs to be trained.

Here's a bit on it http://www.thatmutt.com/2010/03/26/how-to-break-a-dogs-possessiveness/ and another you should read http://www.thatmutt.com/2008/12/12/my-dog-thinks-her-toy-is-her-baby/ but there's tons of pages out there for you. Just google "possessive dog"

Are there any daycare owners on here?




dreamee


I'm planning to open a daycare in August 2010. I'm thinking about buying a house in a commercial area. I want to start by having no more than 25 children from the ages of 6 wks-18 months. I think it would be cheaper since I wouldn't have to worry about so many toilets per child, food, playground equipment, field trips, etc. I would like to expand maybe after three years to include older children. Do anyone think this is a good way to start?


Answer
I definitely think your plan can work. Make sure you are doing as much research and gathering as much information as you can right now.

Infant care is in high demand and many places only do preschool aged children and up. I don't know that it will be cheaper because infants usually require a higher ratio (one adult for every 4 infants is typical) while older children can be watched by fewer adults. However, you will be able to charge a lot more to watch infants than you could for older children.

Start saving your money now. The more money you have saved (and don't have to take out in loans) the better. If you are planning on opening a daycare in a low income area, you may also be able to get a grant. You need to research and apply for grants early. Start collecting baby equipment, toys, and books now. You won't want to buy everything new, but slowly collect it through garage sales, donations, etc. You have to do everything you can to keep your initial costs down (you can always upgrade later). Buying a house is a good idea (as long as you get a good deal and can afford the payments initially even without the daycare income).

Contact the agency that licenses programs in your state and get some initial feedback and information about what you are wanting to do so you can start the approval process. You will need one year of hard work to be able to open your doors.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment