Saturday, March 8, 2014

Two months pregnant, and 14. What all will I need for my baby?




Sydnee


So hey, I'm 2 months pregnant and 14. Before guys go AWOL on my pregnant at 14... It was an accident and I have his family, and my family backing us up. Also we both have jobs (I work at once upon a child, he works at American eagle.) I was wondering what everything I need for this baby. Diapers, wipes, stuff like that. Also what brands are best and how many I should get! Also any other tips would be 100% grateful! Thank you!
Also my highschool has a daycare so I have that figured out! And also I will not be returning to work after school. He will be though



Answer
You could use cloth diapers and cloth wipes, it will save you a bunch of money and you wont be destroying the environment.

but what do you NEED?

carseat
a few newborn cloths (don't go ballistic buying newborn cloths... they grow really fast)
a few 0-3 months (also fast)
some 6-9 month clothing
then 9-12 month clothing and you're good!
crib. even if you will be co-sleeping I still would get a crib for nap time.
baby blankets
socks and hats!
personally... I would get pacifiers they reduce the risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome)
I would also get a bouncer, you don't NEED it, but I find when I need to take a fast shower or get something to eat it helps a lot!
baby shampoo and bath wash (I prefer Johnston & Johnston but parents choice is also good)

and I am amusing you will go back to work after your baby arrives? you will need a good breast pump (get a double electric one, and then talk to a lactation consultant) And then also get bottles, and breast milk freezer bags (I prefer gerber... lashion sucks!) get nipple cream.
also I would get some "mothers milk tea" it helps promote healthy lactation, it makes me really engorged! and I am able to pump more after I was done feeding my son.

you don't need toys till around 3 months and even then you don't need many (rattles)
and don't buy baby shoes. Yes they are cute but it can deform their feet growth and they don't even need them still after the age of 12 months.

What kind of things do you add to your baby registry?




Amy


I have no idea where to begin.. or end, for that matter.


Answer
I went to babies r us and Target. At first I wasn't going to go to babies r us, but it is amazing how much more they have than Target.

First do not register for any cute clothes. That is what most people will buy you so why register and get more outfits than you will know what to do with.

Here are some things for your registry

Bottles -even if you are breastfeeding put dowm some bottles just in case.
Bottle brush cleaner
Bottle drying rack
Swing
play mat
some toys
infant tub
hooded towels
washclothes
baby bath soap- johnsons or aveeno - I love aveeno
diapers- i wouldn't put tons of size 1 or 2 (maybe 2 boxes of each and I never bought newborn diapers)
wipes
stroller and carseat- put down for an extra base if you have more than one car
blankets- i got tons of these but you never know if you will get a lot or not
socks
sleepers, gowns
onesies ( 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months
high chair ( personally I love the Fisher Price Space Saver)
crib
changing table not a necessity but I love mine for changing and storage
thermometer
baby medicine like mylicon drops, fever reducer


That is all I can think of for now. Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment