Saturday, March 8, 2014

Stimulating baby aged 3 months (without toys)?




MaggieSA


I have spent the first three months of my granddaughter's life with her, in spite of living almost 2000 kms away. Grandpa visits us once or twice per month. Sadly, I have to return home soon - I am going to miss her tremendously.

I want to know from all the mommys and nans out there - what sort of educational stimulation can I give my baby? I started exercising her back and neck after two weeks, and we were all amazed at how strong she is. After a month I started with her legs and now she kicks very strongly. I have done the same with her arms (clapping) and she is in very good shape.

I would like to start some mental stimulation but have no idea where to start. Already, since age 2 weeks, I hanged a very colourful flower for her to look at. She loves it! She also has toys all around her to stare at, but I feel there must be more!!!

Please help, your answers will be very highly appreciated. Bless everyone with a baby, it is so rewarding. They are made to be cherished



Answer
Read to the baby! My daughter loved to be read to at that age. When you walk around the house with her tell her everything that you are doing so that she can begin learning the names of things, you can also put a mirror in her crib which helps her learn observation skills. I bought a book called Games to Play with Babies. It is organized by month and tells you games to play and what the game teaches your baby. Here are two websites that have a few developmental games. http://www.sosmart.com/0-3months.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_6438_stimulate-2-month.html

highchair toys for a baby between 3-5 months old?




arkanestar


i have a deluxe recline & grow 5 stage feeding seat. and was planning on using it on thanksgiving for my baby who will be 3.5 months old. and i want to get her a good toy that will keep her occupied while we eat. any suggestions?
i want her to be able to sit at the table with everyone else. i have no problem holding her i just thought it would be nice for her to have something to do.



Answer
sassy has a toy that has a suction on the bottom and the thing on top (the actual toy) looks kinda like a ferris wheel, it spins and so do the little toys attached to it.

dylan has one, but he can pull it off now... could be i'm not suctioning it on right lol.. either way, it's a good one :) also.. blocks are fun and keep them occupied :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment