Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What toy can I create for toddlers or infants?

best infant toddler toys
 on Greek Learning Puppy Greek Fisher Price Toy
best infant toddler toys image



sarahcole


I have to create a toy for class that is age appropriate for either infants or toddlers. It has to deal with one of the perceptual developments (one of the five senses). Any ideas of what I could make?


Answer
A jigsaw puzzle is probably doable.

Vision: hand-eye co-ordination, pattern recognition.

Does anyone have ideas of where I can observe infants or toddlers?




blank


For a school assignment, I have to do an observation for 30 min. to 1 hour. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for public places where I'd be able to do this rather than visiting a daycare or asking someone. I also don't know of anyone who has a baby.

One place I was thinking of was the park. Are there any other places where I might be able to observe infants/toddlers? Or if you're a mother, where are some places you take your children?

Thank you in advance!



Answer
I have a toddler--I take her to the park, to the kid area in the mall, to places set up for kids (check your phone book for a place like My Gym or indoor playgrounds--you may or may not be allowed to observe at one of those), and even to the toy section in a store like Walmart--often there is a whole other group of toddlers there too. Think carefully about when you go, too--the midmorning is a big toddler time at the park for stay at home moms; on the weekends there are usually more people at the mall. Evenings and early afternoon are more likely to be bedtime or naptime so there may be fewer kids out then.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment