Thursday, September 5, 2013

What things do you do to keep your infant entertained?

best interactive infant toys
 on Top 10 Activities With Your Infant | Hot 96.3
best interactive infant toys image



babygirl4u


Just looking for different ideas you do to keep your infant entertained. Mine can't sit up by self yet. Best ideas gets 10 points.


Answer
My girls were always very happy if I just carried them around and talked to them about whatever I was doing. We went on walks, trips to the mall and grocery store, and just moved around the house cleaning and doing laundry. My younger daughter loved being carried in a sling, and I wish I'd had one when my older daughter was a baby. My older daughter did like the stroller a lot, though.

My older daughter loved her bouncy seat, and when she was 4 months old, I started putting her in her exersaucer, which was her very favorite toy. She also loved listening to books. I could hold her on my lap and read to her for a very long time.

My younger daughter loved the swing. She also loved just being on the floor in the middle of the room and watching everything around her -- her big sister, the cats, etc.

Both girls loved being outside -- just feeling the breeze on their faces, hearing the sounds, and watching the leaves rustle on the trees.

I sang to my daughters a lot, too -- lullabies, nursery rhymes, pop songs, made-up songs, whatever I was in the mood to sing and whatever they seemed interested in hearing.

I looked them in the eye and talked directly to them. I'd identify their body parts (eyes, nose, mouth, hands, tummy, feet, knees, toes) as I touched them. I'd use hand motions to sing songs, or I'd let them watch me count on my fingers.

I'd hold up various toys and see which ones interested them. If they wanted to hold or touch something, I gave them the toy or let them feel it.

Most of the things that keep an infant entertained are interactive. Your baby wants to see your face, snuggle up to you, and hear your voice. He or she will play with some toys, but most of that will come a little later -- after sitting.

Hope this gives you a few more ideas!

What are some fun things to do on a "mommy date"?




iMango


Another mom and myself have been trying to go out "on a mommy date", where we get to know each other and let our little ones play together. But we are both completely stumped on where to go that is baby friendly!

We'd love something interactive that all four of us would have fun doing. But anything is open for us to try! Neither of us have never done a mommy date/play date and we both want it to work out and not be awkward. Any ideas, or tips would be absolutely lovely!

Thank you!



Answer
Our local children's museum has an infant area, and/or there are other things in there for older children.

You could meet at the local park- babies can swing in the infant swings or you can carry strollers and walk as you talk. Have a picnic on the grass and the babies can play on the blankets. Bubbles will be a hit with them!

Libraries and book stores can be a good place to meet, most have some toys to be played with in the children's area.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment