Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Any suggestions on traveling with infant on a plane?

best infant toys for travel
 on best infant travel toys on 3sets/lots Best Baby Rattles Baby ...
best infant toys for travel image



paula r


I will be traveling ALONE with my 10 months old son for a 15 hours non-stop flight very soon. Any suggestions on how i can make it easier on myself and on him? I heard about the sucking bottle when take off and land to avoid his ear popping. The travel agent booked us the very last row. but then I heard that the best is the bulk head. I am not sure having a big screen in front of me and my baby though. He crawls everywhere. Not yet walking by himself. What do i do to entertain him? Can I bring a electronic toys on board? Is there any traveling gear that I should bring with me? I will have a travel system stroller and the car seat with me. I am afriaid it will be really tough when we get to the screening. Just a bit nervous since I will be going alone. That's a long flight too. Please help.


Answer
You have so many important questions! I found this site that is probably just what you need to read. It has information on everything listed below. I copied it from the site to give you an idea. Best wishes on your trip.

These baby and child air travel tips are from flying families worldwide
.
Get tips about:

Airlines

At the airport

Diaper changing

Meals on board

Entertainment and playing

Getting around

Health and hygiene

Packing

Safety

Sleeping on board

Staying sane

Travel planning

What happens on board

What to wear

Any tips for traveling with a buddy pass on Frontier Airlines?




Ashley


I plan on traveling with buddy passes for my daughter and I. I will also have an infant on my lap. (crazy I know, this was my husbands idea!)
I have never used a buddy pass before and would like ANY tips! I plan on traveling on a tuesday or a wednesday from San Diego to Chicago, on frontier airlines.
I am also traveling with kids which makes me a unique, and crazy stand by passenger.
Also... will they enforce the dress code for kids as well?
Thanks for any help!



Answer
tip: be zen about it. If you are supposed to make your flights, you will! If not....lots of diapers, wipes, change of clothing, snacks, toys to keep amused...oh, and some for the kid too :)

do check the flight loads! presume you are changing in Denver, so you have to make sure they both look OK (when res says the day before "they are both wide open", you can relax...a little...)

Don't know specifically about Frontier's dress code, but usually they just ask that kids' clothes should be neat, clean, & in good condition (if your daughter is partial to jeans with a hole in the knee, hide them that day)

Just chill, hang by the gate, and listen for your name! and bone up on the timetable, in case your plans do not immediately come to fruition (and don't freak out if that happens--it is part of the deal that sometimes you get on, sometimes you don't, and the gate agent doesn't really have time to solve your problems)

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment