Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Where can i get the toys needed for my sugar glider?

best selling infant toys
 on Best-Toys Hot selling Baby Plush Toy World fairy tale The Three Little ...
best selling infant toys image



rumona


I live in St. Louis, and I'm going to be getting a sugar glider soon. I looked on ebay and found a nice cage and bonding pouches and all that kind of stuff, but I wanna know what types of toys I should get for my baby, and where to get them? I don't really want to buy those things online.


Answer
Just as a note before I start answering your actual question, sugar gliders are colony creatures and should be kept in pairs or groups.

That said, make sure your cage is at least 3 feet high x 3 feet wide x 2 feet deep.

Toys.. I know you say you don't want to buy online, but the truth is, you're more likely to find good toys online.
These are some vendors that I do business with on a regular basis:
Gliderdaydreams.com
SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Gliderpals.com

..each are fabulous.
Also check out Critterbin.com
And glidercentral.net (great site for information, but also has a classifieds center, and many links to vendors).

If you still are set on buying them in person, most bird toys are safe. As well as toys made for infants.

You will also need cage sets and sleeping pouches for your gliders. Gliderdaydreams.com sells them -- and if you send her an e-mail (email is listed on her website) asking if she'll make a custom cage set for you, she likely will..(Standard cage set includes 2 corner hammocks, 1 bridge, 2 pouches... and if you want, a tunnel and/or fleece vine... This all for me, minus the fleece vine, cost $30 something).

What is a mother of a small infant supposed to do when the baby is sleep or contented?




Axumult


I see a LOT of holier-than-thou parents in real life, and elsewhere, preach about all this QT one is supposed to have with one whose attention span rivals a forest creature. I'm asking, if the child is in no obvious distress and is happy, or resting, should the parent fix a sandwich for his or herself if they are hungry? Is it cool to do a few loads of laundry, or maybe even take out some garbage or check your e-mail if baby is on her mat playing with blocks? Or, is this child abuse and neglect? Should the parent just fix their presence before the child with insta-bond and leave only to put baby in their crib for bedtime/naps? If so, where do they sell IV's for parents and are there new robots issued out to parents at the hospital that cook, take out trash, do the wash, and etc? Just wondering...I never got my issue or my IV (still looking), and I feel like a bad parent because she gets stuck (gasp) watching TV sometimes while I throw a grilled cheeze together for myself.


Answer
Aw hon sounds like you are terrified of being misjudged, which only tells me that you are probably a darn fantastic mom! Look, children will always get into trouble, no matter what you do or how close you are. Those quiet moments are gold, so do what you must. If the child is sleeping, use a room monitor. If they're involved with their favorite toy, keep them in plain sight. No manuals are available, but common sense is a must. Not to worry. God gave you your share when he made you!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment