Wednesday, August 14, 2013

How much to sell baby things for at a yard sell?

best newborn infant toys
 on Educational Baby Toys - The Best Educational Toys for Infants
best newborn infant toys image



Mama Dukes


I have a TON of clothes, toys, an exersaucer, cradle swing..etc. I plan on having my first yard sell in October, but I have no clue how to price things. Some of the clothes still have tags and some new without the tags. Obviously the toys and the other baby things have been used, but are in good condition.

Any help?



Answer
I recently had a garage sale, and this is how I priced Hannah's clothes, and they flew out the door!

Basic clothes and brands (Carters, Old Navy, stuff from Kohl's and Target, some Baby gap)
Onsies (nicer ones, not plain white), pants, skirts, tops $ .50 each
One piece outfits $ .75 each

For nicer outfits like Ralph Lauren, Gymboree, Janie and Jack~I put the outfit in a gallon size storage bag, and labeled the brand, # of pieces (pants, shirt, socks) and the size. I priced them between $2.00 and $10.00 an outfit.

Coats I priced from $3.00 - $15.00. I got $15.00 for a Hanna Anderson snowsuit, and $10.00 for a wool baby gap coat.

Shoes: infant crib shoes $ .50 each. Nicer shoes between $2.00 - $5.00

At first I had a hard time letting go of clothes for these prices...I thought, Way too cheap!! But the more I realized that I wasn't getting ANY money for them sitting in my basement collecting dust, the easier it was to part with.

I sold clothes from newborn-2T, plus coats, shoes, books and toys and made almost $400.00.

Make sure you advertise your garage sale on craiglist for free, including the sizes of clothing you have, and brands. I had a TON of people emailing me about them, and they were lined up outside my door before the sale started!

Also, you can also come down on your prices if it isn't moving. We priced everything to move in the sale.

Does anyone know of a modeling agency in Houston that represents newborn infants?




Melissa N


I am due to have a baby boy in June and am interested in getting him in some ads or commercials. Daddy and I are both very attractive (so we've been told) and thought this might be a great way to kick start his college fund. He will have blue eyes and either blonde or strawberry blonde hair. Thank you for your input.


Answer
Neal Hamil is the only agency in Houston with a kids division, but it looks like the youngest they represent is 2 years old, not newborns
http://nealhamilagency.com/search_results.aspx?profileCategory=1&profileType=3

But you have to realize there is VERY little work for newborns. Companies like Pampers or Fisher Price use the same visuals on their packaging and ad campaigns for several years, so that baby you see on the toy box is probably 5 years old by now. When they become toddlers, there are more chances for ad campaigns, catalog work, in-store visuals, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment