Monday, August 12, 2013

Co sleeping with baby?.?

best infant toys for down syndrome
 on Favorite Toys For Kids With Down Syndrome | Best and Cheapest Toys For ...
best infant toys for down syndrome image



Me


I went to a website (askdrsears.com safe co-sleeping)
& I was reading other mothers experiance while co sleeping? Now I don't really understand ifs its better to let baby sleep with you or not, cuz they were saying that when their babies weren't sleeping with them they would notice their baby wouldn't be breathing? & as soon as they put them to sleep with them the baby would breath normally?

Now my baby does the same thing,
When his grandparents take care of him they say he only sleeps for about 15 mins n wakes up? He won't sleep sleep,
(That's during the day)
Now with me I put him 2 sleep by rocking him sometimes & than put him down in his basssint, but he won't sleep long he'll wake up, I notice he sometimes trys to catch his breath in his sleep & it worrys me,
But when he sleeps with me in the bed, he'll sleep all night
- ill feed him around 11 12pm & he won't wake up to to eat till sometimes 6 7 or 8 in the moring? Is that normal?,,


On that website I mentioned aboved, it said something about SIDS,?
What is that?, what are signs?,
I'm a new mother & I'm 18 so I'm lost about things like this? Can anyone inform me on what I'm talking about in this whole story I just wrote! Thank you,
Ohh & it would help if u googled the website above to read what I read?



Answer
Babies often sleep better in a bed with their mum - they miss their mum when they're in a cot or a stranger! They instinctually know their helplessness, and want to be with you, where they're safe.

Sleeping from even 12pm to 6am isn't normal. You're very lucky! *lol* Lots of babies wake up more often than that. You've got a "good" sleeper. Don't panic if that good trend doesn't continue; its totally normal for babies, especially breastfed ones, to wake a couple of times during the night for a milky snack. :)

SIDS is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. In short, its where a healthy baby dies suddenly and no-one really knows why. Its different from suffocation. AFAIK, there's no warning signs. That's what makes it scary!

SIDS is also known as "cot death", and that's where most cases occur. SIDS organisations usually recommend that to decrease chances, have the baby in its cot in your room (not another room), with a number of safety measures for cots like no pillows, sheets only at the bottom on the cot, no soft toys, etc., to reduce the chances of accidents.

There's a lot of safety rules for cots, and similiarly, there's safety rules for co-sleeping. Co-sleeping is a safe and lovely way to go, but you should take care to follow the rules (like not falling asleep with it on a sofa, and using light or no blankets - no quilts). I know a mother who's child's life was saved because of co-sleeping when an emergency in the night where their child quietly had trouble breathing - if it'd been in another room, she never would have known. But her baby was in her bed, so she was alert to even the smallest noise, and she got an ambulance in time.

FWIW, many babies have slightly irregular breathing when they're newborns. I don't know any mothers of newborns who *haven't* lain awake at night (sometimes for hours), worriedly listening to their baby breathe. Don't worry, it should settle down on its own. Also, a co-sleeping baby will often breathe better, slightly mimicking its mothers breathing pattern, unconsciously.

When my babies were newborns, I had my bed mattress on the floor, pushed up flush against the wall (check *every* night to make sure there's no gaps), and my baby slept tucked under one arm (*not* at your head level) kinda with its head under my armpit. That way I'd feel it on my forearm if the baby (or my husband!) rolled about. Its normal and natural for a baby to fall asleep after a breastfeed, BTW.

My 12 year old show's absolutely no emotions when watching things that the rest of us cry over.?




Missymae


I have an amazing daughter who will be 12 next week. She has always been the light in our eye, but in some sadness she has been different. When an infant she could not figure out the shape sorter toy. She would get highly stressed over it and throw it. She would stare off into space for several seconds. We seen a neurologist who did multiple tests and came back no seizures. She struggles in school sometimes. went threw a spell of complete OCD she has never played with doll babies or barbies, because??? she gets easily frustrated with her sister who loves to play. She doesn't understand or comprehend why my other daughter is making her dolls talk.. when i have a group of girls over her age and her sisters they all play but my daughter just sits back over whelmed. complain its stupid. About a month ago we watched My sisters' keeper. Total tear jerk type of movie. My youngest and I are in tears, my oldest looks at me and says " why are you crying?'. Today I rented Where the Red fern grows. Again we are all balling and my oldest doesn't seem affected by it at all. Is this normal?

Now when it comes to real life things that she has emotions for.. they are above and beyond. My 81 year old grandma whom she is overly close with, has not been doing well. My daughter has completely pushed her self away. They used to be best friends, when grandma fell the other day my daughter could not go into the house, she sat out side balling and puking. Are these normal behaviors or is there something deeper? I don't want to put her into the mental health classification if it is not needed. Thank you for listening to my rant!
My daughter has never played with barbies or babies EVER!



Answer
It doesn't completely sound like a mental health issue. I mean there are some signs of maybe a slight mental health issues but it could be little things like learning Disabillities.But she's a girl and growing up. The movies might not effect her because she doesn't truly know the people she has no real relation to them. So it doesn't phase her like her grandmother does. She could be pushing away because she is terrified of losing her grandmother. So she is trying to protect herself. As for having the girls over to play and hangout and she Is not engaging she just might not be a big people person. Instead of a big group start her off small may e one friend twice a week. Then gradually move forward. So she becomes comfortable. If your truly worried I say get her tested for dyslexia and other learning problems once you've ruled those out talk to your daughter see what she thinks make her keep a journal about how she feels so you can get an insight to her mind and you know maybe get her checked for an acute down syndrome. I'm not implying age has any of these so please don't think I'm trying to be rude. Or put your daughter down. I promise I am not but for your sake and your families sake try and start ruling out all possibilities. And it could just be that's her personality she is very comfortable with being on her own and doesn't need other people. But please keep and open mind and give her lots of love.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment