Sunday, August 4, 2013

Does anybody have any tips for babysitting for an infant?

best infant toys 4 months
 on Best Baby Toys
best infant toys 4 months image



meg [expec


I've got a part time job for when I go to Canada babysitting a 4 month old boy. I've had babysitting experience before but for no kids under the age of 18 months. Obviously, this is quite different because he's a lot younger and I can't just leave him to play with his toys like I can do with older kids. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Can you give me some tips?


Answer
You are certainly right- you can't leave a 4 month old alone! Never leave babies unattended. They'll fall over when you think they won't/can't, etc.! You can talk to them, play with age-appropriate toys with them, sing/lullabys, bath time is enjoyable for them, even reading to them at that young age is recommeneded and my daughter seemed to enjoy it! You can go for walks in the stroller if the weather is nice enough, or just bundle baby up well if it's a bit cold. Also babies like activity centers, jumpers, exersaucers at this age. Baby will be rolling around that age and soon enough, starting to sit up and crawl which is a fun, fun time.

Anyone have any tips for flying with an infant?




rain_lit_h


I've only been on one flight trip, and that was before I had a baby. I'm about to go on a trip with my 4 month old in 3 weeks and was just wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for flying with a baby. The longest flight will only be 2 and a half years old, and he is a breastfed baby. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.


Answer
Try to keep the baby awake as much as possible on the day of trip so no naps before the flight.
Use a Brest pump to pump milk into storage bags so you can use bottles on the flight this is what i did for my baby it's best to keep the baby seatbelted in for safety caution instead of getting baby out to breast feed it.
Then before you get on plain make sure to chang babies diaper then when on flight baby will be really tired and will easily fall asleep if you hold the bottle for it while it's buckled in and hopefully will stay asleep for a good while for a smooth flight.
This teqniequ worked well for me and I hope it does for you
Good luck.
P.S. also remember to bring babies favorite blanky at least 1 favorite small toy and a binkie with clip and small strap to clip on babies shirt that way they won't fall on floor to help comfort baby when awake also don't forget a few diaper for during the flight and defently keep all this in carry on bag.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment