Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How can I let my 3 month have tummy time without my 16 month old hurting him?

Q. I usually let my 3 month old do tummy time on our couch, but he looks like he'll be rolling over any minute.

When my first son was born I always let him play on a blanket on the floor, but now that I've got an infant and a toddler, I'm afraid my toddler will either fall on the baby or unintentionally hit him with a toy if the baby is on the floor. Any suggestions?

A. You really have to watch your 16 month old, that's all really. And if he gets near, tell him he has to watch out. After awhile, he'll realize it.

My son eventually would even crawl on the floor entertaining his brother. :)


What Are Your Thoughts About Exposing Infants To Television?
Q. My baby is only 3 months old and already stares at the tv when she is being changed or what not. I was CONSIDERING buying her some baby einstein videos to watch or look at while she is in her bouncer and I cook dinner or try and get dressed. Is that bad? Obviously I would never let the tv babysit my kid, but she is too young to hold toys or or sit up yet and I know the einstein videos are all music, shapes and colors. THOUGHTS?

A. There are no benefits to any tv program for a 3 month old baby, but if the tv is on while you are cooking or cleaning or whatever it would probably be better to have some kind of baby video on instead of some violent adult show full of foul language.


How do I get my pup to stop digging holes in my yard?
Q. Everytime I take him out to pee/poop he always digs holes. Ever since the snow melted. My landlord has told me its an issue and it needs to be stopped. I'm always outside with him, he's never left alone unless I'm the only one home and I'm nursing my infant. I've tried distracting him by playing fetch and with several other toys out there but he becomes not interested and starts digging. He's a 3 month old golden retriever/lab mix.

A. In the interests of not upsetting your landlord (and this is why so many rental properties exclude people with dogs!!) the moment he starts this, bring him in! Dogs usually dig because they have the opportunity, and are bored. More exercise now.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment