Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What are the best stores and brands for these baby items..?

Q. Also I would like you to consider price for what you are getting.. Stores where I would shop would be Walmart, Target, Kohls, Walgreens, Babys r us..
Diapers
Wipes
Bottles
Formula
Baby toys
Baby Furniture
Baby Clothes- Do Walmart baby clothes shrink when you wash them?

A. Diapers- I love Huggies. I loved Pampers Swaddlers for the newborn stage but haven't tried any other types of Pampers diapers so I can't really say whether I like them or not. I buy diapers and wipes at Costco but if I had to pick a store from your options, I would say Walmart or Target would be best and cheapest.

Wipes- I love Huggies wipes also. I do love Pampers Sensitive wipes for younger infants though. We used them on and off when my son was younger but as he got older, we needed a thicker wipe and I hated Pampers thicker wipes. I love Huggies wipes, they can come unscented and are very thick and durable. I buy them at Costco but I would go to Walmart or Target from your store prices.

Bottles- We love Dr. Brown bottles and for an older baby who's tummy isn't so sensitive anymore, we also love the Pampers Stage 2 bottles. I've also heard good things about Playtex Drop Ins but we've never tried those bottles. I bought my bottles at Walmart so that's where I would sugges you go. Again though, Target is usually pretty cheap too!

Formula- We have always loved Similac formula more then Enfamil and Gerber Good Start. My son is now on Similac Alimentum and we get most of our formula through WIC, but when I have to buy cans, I go to Walmart.

Baby Toys- We have tons and tons of toys! I love Walmart, Target, and Babies R Us for toys. Babies R Us is a little more expensive though.

Baby Furniture- We got all of our baby furniture and gear from www.walmart.com or at a Walmart store. We love all of our son's furniture and gear! Never had a problem with any of it.

Baby Clothes- I've never noticed any shrinking in Walmart baby clothes but we don't have a ton of clothes from Walmart. Out of your choices, I would shop for clothes at Walmart, Target, Kohls, and Babies R Us. Babies R Us and Kohls is going to be a tiny bit more expensive but they have good quality clothes! I also love Baby Gap, Macy's, Gymboree, and a lot of online stores (www.etsy.com, www.zulily.com, www.cafepress.com, etc).

*I didn't mention Walgreens at all because I've never shopped at Walgreens and have no idea how expensive their stuff is and what quality items they have.


What do you know about babies toys with volume control?
Q. I have a little tykes play yard for my infant. She is supposed to lay under it for the infant setting, but it seems so loud.
I have heard to look for toys with volume control to prevent damage to developing ears. How do I know if it is too loud? The only volume options are on and off.

A. Toys with loud sounds are not good for babies and small children, because it can damage their hearing. Look for toys that have softer sounds or volume control buttons.


What baby doll toys does your daughter have?
Q. I bought Sophie a $10 baby doll infant carrier... it sucks, I know why it was only $10 now! So, I'm looking to see what other mommas have and what your daughters liked. Add a link if you have one.

Thanks!

A. She has a variation of this set in pink: http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=500&uid=1085529364 We got it for her at Sam's Club last year. It's very cute. The stroller has held up very well... the swing is kind of a pain in the butt and falls off, but she loves it none the less. The crib is crap though... but she likes to sit in it herself, which i'm guessing is why it ripped so easily. Plus the bars move around so it's crooked a lot (which has to do with HER using it instead of the babies lol). I would love to get her a wooden crib, i've got my eyes out for that for her this year. I'm tempted to buy just the stroller in this set if I can find it... since it's bigger than the one she has now, she's starting to outgrow it a bit. But so far this set is a winner, she loves her, my nephew loves it, the kids who come to play love it.

EDIT: Found it. The set she has is the fisher price precious planet at Toys R us. :) We got the entire set for $45. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3546334

EDIT2: I think this is a pretty cute set too, and does look pretty durable. I'm tempted to get her part of this set too, since she is so tall for the stroller she has now lol http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2669620





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment