Thursday, June 6, 2013

Any suggestions on traveling with infant on a plane?

Q. I will be traveling ALONE with my 10 months old son for a 15 hours non-stop flight very soon. Any suggestions on how i can make it easier on myself and on him? I heard about the sucking bottle when take off and land to avoid his ear popping. The travel agent booked us the very last row. but then I heard that the best is the bulk head. I am not sure having a big screen in front of me and my baby though. He crawls everywhere. Not yet walking by himself. What do i do to entertain him? Can I bring a electronic toys on board? Is there any traveling gear that I should bring with me? I will have a travel system stroller and the car seat with me. I am afriaid it will be really tough when we get to the screening. Just a bit nervous since I will be going alone. That's a long flight too. Please help.

A. You have so many important questions! I found this site that is probably just what you need to read. It has information on everything listed below. I copied it from the site to give you an idea. Best wishes on your trip.

These baby and child air travel tips are from flying families worldwide
.
Get tips about:

Airlines

At the airport

Diaper changing

Meals on board

Entertainment and playing

Getting around

Health and hygiene

Packing

Safety

Sleeping on board

Staying sane

Travel planning

What happens on board

What to wear


How to travel alone with a toddler an infant? By plane. Any advice?
Q. I would like to know how anyone here might have travelled alone by plane with a toddler (mine is almost 2) and a baby (mine is 10 months old). Please I am at a loss at how I will be able to visit my father with both babies. What gear is available, how can this be done? I will of course have help to get to and from the airports but in between with boarding, seating, and after arrival to get to baggage area. Thanks.

A. Okay well your one child (the older one) will have their own seat. but you will be holding the baby unless you purcahsed a separate seat. i highly suggest a double stroller and wheel the luggage behind you. You can use your stroller up until the very last second and then they will put it under the plane for you and then they will have it ready for you right when you get off...but that is going to SAVE you. Also make sure you have a backpack so that you can keep a change of clothe, diapers, etc and pack some new toys and snacks so that your toddler will be interested and if you have a potable dvd player i would pack that in the bag as well. Also if they have a favorite binky or blanket or cup i would definately let them have that. Relax and take your time.
hope that helps...happy travels.


When can infants fly on the airplane?
Q. My baby is 4 months and my husband and I are planning to take her on the plane in about a month. Is it ok for her to fly? Has anyone had any experience with taking a young infant on the plane and are there any tips I should know?

A. Mu husband and I took our daughter on her first flight when she was nearly 4 months old. Our doctor recommended Tylenol and a pacifier or bottle for take-off and landing--to help with pain and to help her ears pop when the pressure changes.

Skip the Benadryl--especially at that age. There are new studies out that say that Benadryl can make some children stay awake instead of get sleepy. Just try to book your flight for naptime instead.

Bring a bag stuffed with all of her favorite toys and blankets--anything that makes her feel at home.

The biggest issue we had were diaper changes. We only booked 2 seats so we could save money. We booked an aisle seat and the seat next to it so we could have easy access to the restroom; but, the restrooms are so small that we had to sort of balance her on the toilet cover to change her. The next flight we took, we booked the whole row. We still sat her on our laps, but we had a seat to hold the diaper bag while in the air and a spot to change her that was a little less uncomfortable.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment