Thursday, October 31, 2013

What are some possible questions I may get asked at an interview at a daycare center or preschool?

best rated infant toys
 on ... Set gift Toy Toys for girl Doll Fashion Girls baby Kids Toy-86 | eBay
best rated infant toys image



Alyssa


Also how should i respond to those questions. It's for an infant/toddler teacher


Answer
>They may ask if you are familiar with the curriculum they use. If you don't know what it is, you should ask before the interview if possible and look it up on line so that you can ask intelligent questions about it or even answer a few yourself.

>They will ask about previous experience working with infants and toddlers.

>They will ask about your personal philosophy about discipline and how it should be handled.

>They may give you a brief scenario and ask how you would respond to it, ie Johnny and Sara are playing with toy cars. Johnny takes Sara's car from her and Sara hits him. How do you respond as the teacher supervising the play? If you don't understand how to support young children in this kind of situation, you need to do some research and reading.

>They may ask for some ideas of what kinds of activities you think would be fun and constructive for the children to participate in. (Messy is good! music and dancing or rhythm activities are also excellent. You might want to come up with some specific examples of these kinds of activities so you can give concrete ideas.)

>They may talk about the importance of staff/child ratio and ask how your attendance at previous jobs or at school was.

>They may ask why you would like to have this position, so give some thought as to how you would answer that. Just "I need a job" isn't what they are looking for. Perhaps you want to make a positive difference in the lives of children. Perhaps you've spent a lot of time in the church nursery, or babysitting, and really enjoy interacting with young children. Think about it.

Also, be thinking about questions you would like to ask them because you will probably be given the opportunity. If they haven't said anything about curriculum, that would be a good time to bring that up. If they haven't mentioned the hours for the position or the rate of pay, those are good questions to ask. Also, ask how you would be expected to dress. If you're not familiar with staff/child ratio for that age group, do ask. It's important. You might also want to ask about nap time procedure and potty training if those haven't come up yet. Be professional, positive, and friendly. This kind of job is very busy, active, and fun. They are going to want to see that you can keep up with the kids!

Why do women choose to bottle feed over breastfeeding? Why dont women fight back against outlawing the breast?




amosunknow


::iam NOT trying to sound like a le leche freak, or post holier than thou questions::

Health reasons aside, why choose bottles over breast?

I jsut got done reading something with the world census thing, and doing a little research. America has the HIGHEST infant mortality rate of all the industrialized nations. Thats insane, and they say its because all other countries tend to have much higher rates of breastfeeding verses formula.

I think its unfair that hospitals and doctors dont provide education and support to moms. Every mom wants to provide the very best, and its not fair that commercial entities and cultural taboo's are allowed to steal the best from our children.

On top of all that, some states and counties are MAKING IT ILLEGAL to nurse in public.. WTF?!

It just bothers me that we cant provide the best.

People in saudi arabia have healthier babies than us for cripes sake. Theres something wrong here.
Honestly i have to admit that I decided to nurse because it was cheaper. It wasnt until my son was born and I was crying in pain with every feeding that I researched it and found out how good it is and decided to tough it out.

So its not like I did it for his sake in the start. I was just one of those uneducated masses. Because no one offers education on this stuff. I had to google it on my own.



Answer
Bless you for writing this!
I made a big mistake with our son and breastfeeding/colic
I was uneducated with our son- though I thought I was. He took right to breastfeeding. He did well- but he had colic while I was nursing him. I changed my diet, watched what I ate- and still he had colic. I was told by our ped. at that time that "breastfed babies don't get colic". He handed us some soy formula and said "this will work." So, I listened- BIG MISTAKE- HUGE!!! Our baby cried for 5 hours when I was nursing him every night. On soy- he cried for 18 hours a day. I didn't know that you could put them back on the breast. I didn't know that the breastmilk would make it easier for him with colic. I had thought it was me and my milk that was causing him problems. I swore that any baby that we had following would be breastfed- and have done so. Our baby is just a year old and is still breastfed- 3 times a day. She has only been sick one time- she caught pink eye from me. She is far ahead on the charts for development.

So, some of it is lack of education.
Some of it is our perception of breasts in America- they are veiwed as "sexual objects" instead of as what they are for- to feed our babies.

Women are frowned upon for nursing past the first year.
Women are frowned upon for nursing in public. I will nurse our baby when and wherever she needs to eat.

For some women it is hard to nurse- they have pain. It is NORMAL and it passes.

Others have milk supply issues- these can be fixed. Still, it is O.K. to combine formula with breastmilk once baby is on the breast and is accostomed to the feeds.

Breastfeeding is easy- it is always ready.

Initially, babies want to nurse all the time. THIS PASSES! The first 6 weeks are the hardest- but it goes so fast.

I guess if I lived in an area that had laws passed not to nurse in public, I would get arrested. I have heard people say, "Nurse in your car." Sure- in 95 degree heat- IS THAT WISE??? Or, here in NY- in the freezing cold. Crazy!

Or: Nurse in the bathroom- nice- would you want to eat in a smelly bathroom???

Once, when nursing our baby in Toys R Us a family from India passed- they had a 5 month old baby and an older son. The dad and I had a nice talk- as I sat there covered and nursing our baby who was only 8 weeks old. He said that in his country women who are nursing are worshipped because they are passing on the next generations health and well-being. He told me not to hide in an aisle. I felt so good after talking to him and his wife. He was offended by the views on women who nurse in this country- and could not comprehend it.

Likewise, it is frowned upon to nurse here in public- when nothing can be seen. I had that experience recently- and it's the very thought that a baby is nursing under a blanket that is just a horrid thought to some- ridiculous! I receive more dirty looks from women than from men.

Many doctors are also not pushing breastfeeding- as did ours 10 years ago. If someone had told me, "he has colic- but he'd have it anyway, KEEP NURSING..." I would have. I didn't have the support or the internet to help.

NOTE: I work full-time and have been nursing for a year- I pump 3 times at work and once before I leave. Both babies were tongue-tied- our youngest still is and nursed fine.

So...good for you for bringing this up- and thanks for listening!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment