Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What was your favorite and most used gift from your baby shower?

best infant travel toys
 on Our Top Baby Travel Toys Picks
best infant travel toys image



Cmeyer


I am curious what your favorite gift was and most used gift that you received from your baby shower? My favorite gift was probably the baby carrier and my most used would have to be between a travel system stroller and baby swing. I am trying to figure out a gift to get my cousin whose pregnant. I already know that her parents are getting a lot of gifts she will need for the baby. I also am wondering what smaller gifts you liked receiving?


Answer
Most practical was definitely an infant car seat from my friend. Cara grew out of it at about 7months, but I used it up until then and I'm definitely keeping it for #2. They are pretty expensive though, and you have to make sure that it's compatible with the car. This isn't small, but it was the most useful.

I have a baby blanket from when I was little, so it was sentimental receiving blankets. They're very basic, but useful and I appreciated them a lot. I got 17 of them though, so if you want to get your cousin something more unique, maybe you could monogram it.

Pacifiers, bottles, etc. all come in handy a lot, especially since Cara liked to throw her bottles to the floor and they would roll away somewhere we couldn't find them (until, of course, they started to smell...). Some good brands for these are Nuby, Graco, etc.

also, any type of organizer is great! I have a really cute one that I actually bought myself, it used to hold diapers and such now it holds bath toys, pull-ups and clothes.

Any suggestions on traveling with infant on a plane?




paula r


I will be traveling ALONE with my 10 months old son for a 15 hours non-stop flight very soon. Any suggestions on how i can make it easier on myself and on him? I heard about the sucking bottle when take off and land to avoid his ear popping. The travel agent booked us the very last row. but then I heard that the best is the bulk head. I am not sure having a big screen in front of me and my baby though. He crawls everywhere. Not yet walking by himself. What do i do to entertain him? Can I bring a electronic toys on board? Is there any traveling gear that I should bring with me? I will have a travel system stroller and the car seat with me. I am afriaid it will be really tough when we get to the screening. Just a bit nervous since I will be going alone. That's a long flight too. Please help.


Answer
You have so many important questions! I found this site that is probably just what you need to read. It has information on everything listed below. I copied it from the site to give you an idea. Best wishes on your trip.

These baby and child air travel tips are from flying families worldwide
.
Get tips about:

Airlines

At the airport

Diaper changing

Meals on board

Entertainment and playing

Getting around

Health and hygiene

Packing

Safety

Sleeping on board

Staying sane

Travel planning

What happens on board

What to wear




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment