Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Have you ever helped another person or family at Christmas time?

best babies toys 2011
 on Best Baby Toys
best babies toys 2011 image



Tadewi 7 B


Wow... it takes a really sad person to give thumbs down to people doing good things for others.


Answer
Yes... for the last 30 odd years !! Some of my favorites -

1990 - Was in port, Philippines and 20 of us from the ship visited an orphanage and brought toys, books, and Christmas Dinner (plus $$ to feed them for another 3 months)... I wanted to adopted 1/2 the kids !!

1995 - Had all the "homeless" in my Division (guys who lived on the ship and had no local family) over to our house for Dinner and Gifts. Also got 4 guys to "take-the-duty" for another guy who had JUST had a baby, but was on the duty-roster... he really needed to be home.

2000 - Did the same thing for a bunch of "young" students at Stanford while I was teaching and finishing my PhD

2004-2011 - Donate Christmas Eve day to our local food-bank / shelter... cook for the 20 families who show up for Supper, give gifts to the little kids, hire some of the guys for work at our ranch later. We also had my little brother go to the local Navy Airbase and bring 5 people up to our ranch for Christmas Eve and Day - "Adopt a Sailor" program.

GIVING is more rewarding... that said "Santa, I REALLY want that used tree-trimming bucket truck!!"

I am making a baby book for my daughter instead of buying one?




Natti


I need to know what pages and what is on each page.
I have:
Ultrasounds
baby shower
@ the hospital & labor
arrival
1st
month by months
holidays
bath
2011....
what else do i need?



Answer
Footprints and handprints, first schoolwork, first artwork, height, weight, first haircut and a lock of the hair, first steps, first day at school, a scrap of one of her first outfits, baby toys that she had, first time playing in the snow, first time interacting with other kids.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment