Thursday, July 25, 2013

I need activities and toy ideas to help my mentally ill grandfather?

best infant baby toys
 on Fisher Price Infant Toys | An Educational Baby Toy
best infant baby toys image



jessica


On July 3rd my grandfather fell down the stairs after he got home from the bar one night. After hours of waiting we found he had serious bleeding in the brain and would have permanent damage. It is now December and he is home but he has serious problems with how to say and react and i need something to help keep him busy. The nurse and I have thought about baby toys as a good use for his memorization but we'd like to get more ideas for toys and activities that we could use and give him to help.


Answer
Don't go with baby toys. I have had experience with patients of brain injury and they are more in there than you know. He might just get frustrated if it was baby toys. Unless it is like blocks and things with letters and numbers. Paper and markers are a good start. Get the oversize drawing pads. Flash cards too. But don't assume he is like an infant even if it outwardly seems that way.

What is the bst way to clean infants toys after they have been sick?




Lalana


My baby has RSV and I need to disinfect his toys soon. I know I can throw the stuffed animals in pillow case and wash them but what about all the other stuff?


Answer
Put some bleach in a bath tub full of water and dunk them in. The ones with batteries, just give them a wipe down. I understand completely why you want to get those germs out! My nephew had RSV and did breathing treatments and took steroids to get better. I remember him being sick for weeks. Poor thing! I hope your baby gets better soon. You should think about an air purifier like the ones Rainbow has. Those are great.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment