Friday, May 3, 2013

What are some activities I can do with my bored 2 year old?

Q. I'm a stay at home Mom with an infant and a 2.25 year old. She has plenty of toys but gets bored and acts out. We usually read books and play with playdough. She likes to watch Nick Jr shows, but I don't want her watching TV all day. What are some fun, fairly easy, and fairly cheap (or free!) activities I can do with her to help her have fun during the day?

A. color with crayons and markers (washable)

paint with washable paint (I put my toddler in her high chair for art)

play with play food

take a bath to just play

go to the park

go to Mc Donalds playland just be sure to bring antibacterial wipes

free storytimes/workshops at the library

an indoor gym place with $5 or so freeplay

take a ball to the park and just let her run around

dance to music

play dress up

have her "help" with laundry

have her "help" with dusting

draw with sidewalk chalk and blow bubbles

play shape searchers and look for shapes around the house

make sock puppets or paper bag puppets

Hope I helped. I have an almost 2 1/2 year old and I'm a SAHM too. It can get boring but the key is to stay busy if you can. Get out of the house at least once a day even if it's just for a walk.


What are some good stocking stuffers for infants?
Q. I have a daughter who will be five months at Christmas, and I was raised without ever doing Christmas, so I don't know what would be good stocking stuffers for her. Any suggestions?

A. This is going to be my daughters first christmas too and I'm totally stumped. My parents go over board so forgive me if this is beyond what you were hoping to do. Some cute outfits, bath toys, teething rings, can of formula if she uses it, jar baby food as she will be eating it soon or maybe just baby cereal. A teddy bear? Picture of her family for her nursery?? These are things i'm thinking of. And since she really has no idea what is going on it doesnt hurt to throw in things she needs like diapers. She wont care that its not "cool" Merry christmas and good luck


Want to talk to all you moms and dads out there with infants around six weeks old?
Q. I have a baby boy who is five and and half weeks old. All my friends have older kids and seem to have forgotten what it is like to have a baby. I am a first time mother and just want to talk to some folks with babies about the same age. Tell me about your baby. How do they sleep, eat, what is their schedule like if they have one... Just curious Maybe it will give me some new ideas.
Thanks!

A. Hello. Congrats, and welcome to the "Mommy club!" I have a beautiful baby boy, named Gabriel, who is about 14 weeks old.
Gabe didn't start really developing a schedule until around about last month. I'm a single mom, so I take him to daycare. We start our day at about 6-6:15a.m. I get myself ready, and then he wakes up to eat. I feed him a bottle, get him burped and dressed, I load the car, then we go to daycare. Thankfully for me, he doesn't sleep much at daycare, so he's tired when I pick him up, but in a good mood. He eats about 6 oz (with a teaspoon of cereal) every 4-5 hours. He's a very curious child already, and doesn't like to be left alone. He constantly craves attention, but is not fussy at all. He just seems to be really curious about the world around him, which I just love.
So, when I pick him up, I either take him home where we spend an hour playing, or we go to Grandma and Grandpa's house, where we play. We do a combination of "bouncy play" or belly time, or toy time, or all three. I talk and sing to him.
After that, at about 6:30p.m.-7p.m. I give him a bath, change him, spend another few minutes holding him, then I feed him. Once he's done with the bottle, I burp him, and put him down immediately in the crib. It usually doesn't take him long to fall asleep. He sleeps an average of about 8-10 hours a night, and we start our day over again.

I'm blessed b/c he's such a good, happy baby.... it took a while to establish the routine, and daycare's really good about keeping one up, and b/c he's so stimulated during the day, and interacting with so many kids and adults, he's exhausted by the time I get him, so he sleeps throught the night.
On the weekends, we just do whatever. I let up on the schedule during the day, but he still goes to bed no later than 7:30pm.-8p.m.

Good luck! Email me if you have anything you want to discuss!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment