Saturday, May 4, 2013

What are some good educational toys for a 2 year old girl?

Q. My daughter is going to be two in May. I am wondering what would be some good educational toys for her. I have been looking but most of what I have been seeing is for infants and toys that she would get bored of. She likes things that make noise. Right now she is into drawing and organizing. She likes pushing things around. She is really into baby dolls right now. I got her one and some accessories to go with. I am just wondering what educational. I a curious what your child at this age likes or liked and also what are some toys to avoid? Thanks!

A. I would recommend anything Leapfrog. A couple that come to mind are the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set and the Leapfrog Alphabet Explorer. Here is a link to all Leapfrog toys that are appropriate for a 2 year old-
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw=leapfrog&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&f=PAD%2FTRU+Age+Filter%2F2+Years&fbc=1&fbn=TRU+Age+Filter%7C2+Years

Vtech also makes a toddler laptop. I don't have it but it looks like it got good reviews and it would be educational-
http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Infant-Learning-Friends-Toddler/dp/B0027CS7F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1269711342&sr=8-1
I believe it is for ages 18 months to 3 years.

My son likes his Little People Animal Sounds Farm. I would recommend that highly. Great for learning animal sounds and names and for speech (saying in, out, up, down).
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Animal-Sounds/dp/B000EQGT00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1269711459&sr=1-1


What are the infant toys with a blanket attached called?
Q. My daughter really likes this winnie the pooh toy. It is a pooh head with a little blanket attached. I don't know what the official names for those toys are and my husband calls them dish rags (which I hate), so I wanted to figure out what to call the thing.
I just looked them up online to see about buying a 2nd one and they are $39! The tigger, eyeore, and piglet are $7.99. What on earth! And it looks like they are called security blankets and loveys. Thanks!

A. I was always told to call them 'security blankets'. Where I shop they tend to call them 'security blankets.'


At what age did your parents start to give away some of your baby things?
Q. My mom wants to give away some of my infant - toddler toys and possibly some clothing items, to some little kids.
WHY? They're mine. I don't play with them but they're still mine. I want to keep them all. She lets my adult uncle keep all his toys in our house though she wants to give away his. I want those toys too.

A. My parents didn't keep any of our toys or clothes--the clothes were handed down to the next one in line. I kept most of my children's toys and some of their clothing also.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment