Sunday, September 29, 2013

How to deal with difficult 4 yr old in danger of getting kicked out of daycare?

best infant toys awards
 on Home > Awards for Best Baby Toys, Baby Music CDs & Baby Music DVDs
best infant toys awards image



Alyssa V


Before I begin, my almost 4 yr old daughter has been through a world of change in the past year. A new baby brother, a divorce, having two houses to live in now, a new daycare.... now she is out of control and I've tried everything:

the reward system
bribery
ignoring her outbursts
time-out
spanking
giving her more responsibility around the house to make her feel like she's helping out more
taking toys and privledges away
showering her with my undivided attention
remaining calm in the face of her all out tantrums
even doing simple things like asking how her day was.

She is kicking, hitting, stealing toys, screaming at the daycare lady, fighting, refusing to move when told, not eating... you name it. I just dont know what else to try outisde of toddler military school (too bad they dont exist). she even laughs at me now when i'm discussing with her why it's important to behave.

i just want to know if there is another way to deal with this that i havent yet thought of? I'm almost to the point of taking her to therapy since she isnt listening to her father or i anymore and if she cant learn to behave, we will lose our daycare spot (which is cheaper than anything anywhere else and the only place with openings for all 3 of my kids) My oldest is 6 and hasn't really changed at all personality wise and luckily for me my infant is a saint! but my daughter who i love with all my heart and who is my only girl is driving me bananas!

any ideas?



Answer
I know you tried all of these great ideas, but over what period of time? In my experience and experience with my nieces and nephews, consistency is what is needed the most. I know she has been though a lot. I've been there as a parent too but you have to make sure you stay extremely consistent with your punishment, don't make excuses for her behavior at any times and be firm with your decisions and punishments. And one thing that worked great for me was a prize bag, a simple gift bag that I filled with a few toys and stickers etc.. They couldn't ask for the prizes the prizes were only awarded for when I caught them being good and doing things that they hadn't been asked to do. I wish you luck. I know this is a very challenging and stressful time.

can someone evaluate m scholarship essay?




Future RN


Since I was a little girl I was always interested in jobs that were related to the health care field. I always felt a strong impulse to help those in need. You would always find my cousins and I playing as if we were in an emergency room. It wasn't a surprise that I chose to become a registered nurse as a career. Dedicating my life to altering the lives of others is very appealing to me.
The need to help is imbedded into me which is why I am strongly motivated into being a care giver. Not only does helping people motivate me to become a nurse, but the need of more nurses also concerns me. Challenges and demands increase in the healthcare field and with these factors increasing, the demand for more nurses in the workforce is extremely intensifying as well. With out enough nurses and other individuals who play a role in the healthcare field, there wouldn't be a way to effectively provide proper healthcare and promote wellness to those who need it.
My career goal is to earn a bachelor's of science degree in nursing. After I have achieved that, I want to return to graduate school and earn a master's degree. I am very interested in the well-being of infants and children so I feel as if pediatric nursing would be my choice in the nursing field. I plan on advancing to medical school to become a pediatrician when I grow accustomed to working in the healthcare field.
I should receive this award because I am a very ambitious soul who is trying to make something out of herself and set an example for others in my community. I want to be living proof that it is not who you are or where you come from that gets you somewhere in life, but it takes your dedication and determination to take you somewhere in life. Academically, I strongly believe that receiving this award will contribute to promoting my educational experience.



Answer
REWRITE THIS ENTIRE ESSAY. do not talk about how the award or getting into the college will help you in life. just talk about YOU. BE YOURSELF. TALK ABOUT WHAT YOUR PASSIONS ARE. STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC. TALK ABOUT THE "SPECIFIC" THINGS YOU DO THAT SHOW YOUR PASSION. LIKE YOU WOULD ALWAYS TAP YOUR MOM'S SHOULDER AND POINT TO THE PLASTIC STETHOSCOPE WHENEVER YOU WERE AT THE TOY STORE




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment