Sunday, September 22, 2013

How much should a first-time nanny get paid?

best rated infant toys
 on Top Baby Toys | Products | Disney Family.com
best rated infant toys image



singrgrl92


I'm a first-time nanny, who would be watching a 3-month-old child in central Connecticut and occasionally doing his laundry, but there will be no other children or housekeeping. The family and I want to compare rates separately and then come together to decide on what they should pay me.
I am currently obtaining my Early Childhood Education degree, have two years in professional childcare centers, and have over ten years experience babysitting.
How much is a reasonable rate for me to ask for?



Answer
Okay well when I was a Nanny for my 1st family I had about 3 years daycare experience, 10 years babysitting, I was CPR certified for adult, child and infant and I had my own transportation. I had the same setup as you...watch the baby and do some light laundry. She was about 13 mos. old. So, they started me out at $300.00 per week. That was $1200 monthly and I worked from about 9:30-10am until about 4:30/5pm. I was allowed to take the baby places occasionally if I asked permission and of course had the carseat in my car. I could eat what was at there house also and watch tv, go online or whatever I wanted to do..while the baby was sleeping of course. I could even have my fiance over or a friend if I asked permission. That is what I got paid in Northern, Va. and for a 19 year old, that is pretty good. But I have EXCELLENT references. I built up a portfolio. I had a little folder to show the parents of letters of recommendation from all the parents that I babysat AND all the places that I worked before. I also showed them a copy of my car insurance and valid drivers license to assure them the safety of my trasnportation, etc. And I had a copy of my personal emergency info in case something ever happened to me. And a copy of my CPR/First Aide certification. That puts alot of parents at ease.
I am not sure about your location and if its the city or rural or what but I would say here in my town..about 30 minutes South of wachington, DC.

8-10 hrs a day live out Nanny of an infant with light laundry whould be about $300 wkly. If you are live in that is a whole different situation.
Take the daycare prices around there and add about $75 weekly..that is what you should make. Because you have the following perks:
you come to the child
the child stays in his own environment with his own toys, food, stuff, germs, etc.
one on one time with the child...never having to look after a group of children at once
laundry getting done as well
and soo many other things.
you are making it soo much better for the parents and easier too.
i wish you luck!
take care

How do I protect my baby from SIDS?




peyton.lov


My older sister has a 4 month old baby girl and she wants to know if there are any ways you can prevent or lessen the chances of her baby getting SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome in case you don't know).


Answer
Check out: www.sids.org

Here is some info from the site:

1. Place infants to sleep on their backs, even though infants may sleep more soundly on their stomachs. Infants who sleep on their stomachs and sides have a higher rate of SIDS than infants who sleep on their backs.

2. Place infants to sleep in a baby bed with a firm mattress. There should be nothing in the bed but the baby - no covering, no pillows, no bumper pads and no toys. Soft mattresses and heavy covering are associated with the risk for SIDS.

3. Do not over-clothe the infant while he/she sleeps. Keep the room at a temperature that is comfortable for you. Overheating an infant may increase the risk for SIDS.

4. Avoid exposing the infant to tobacco smoke. Don't have your infant in the same house or car with someone who is smoking. The greater the exposure to tobacco smoke, the greater the risk of SIDS.

5. Breast-feed babies whenever possible. Breast milk decreases the occurrence of respiratory and gastrointestinal infections. Studies show that breast-fed babies have a lower SIDS rate than formula-fed babies do.

6. Avoid exposing the infant to people with respiratory infections. Avoid crowds. Carefully clean anything that comes in contact with the baby. Have people wash their hands before holding or playing with your baby. SIDS often occurs in association with relatively minor respiratory (mild cold) and gastrointestinal infections (vomiting and diarrhea).

7. Consider using home monitoring systems (apnea/bradycardia monitors) in an attempt to prevent sudden death in high-risk infants.The risk of SIDS in the following groups exceeds that of the general population by as much as 5 to 10 times:

Infants born weighing less than 3.5 pounds.
Infants whose sibling died of SIDS.
Infants exposed to cocaine, heroin, or methadone during the pregnancy.
The second or succeeding child born to a teenage mother.
Infants who have had an apparent life-threatening event.

Lots of info!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment